Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: JAVA (file format)

Counsellor
Me_Nakai

JAVA (file format)

Asha 201 is running on JAVA software. Then it should support .JAR and .JAD file. But my handset don't support .
What is the cause behind it ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

not sure, as it is stated in the official specifications that the Asha 201 does support Java applications and framework. perhaps you have downloaded an application that is not compatible with your device. a sure-fire way to acquire applications that do work with your device, is to use the Nokia Store on your phone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Me_Nakai

You are right . But Nokia store does not contain some vital app such as Google map.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

as this is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services, you will need to take up your issue with Google. but as Google has not actively maintained or supported Symbian for quite a few years anyway, and there was no support on Series40, I doubt that there are any apps that fit your needs.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You can download google maps at m.google.com/maps

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.