Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

List of icons/symbols?

Counsellor

List of icons/symbols?

As I am having trouble finding out what a particular icon represents on my display (Nokia 2630), is there a link which explains commonly used Nokia icons?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

Re: List of icons/symbols?

your user guide should help you find what a particular icon means on your phone, if you haven't been provided with one with your phone for one reason or another you can dowload a PDF version from here:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4484883
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks very much for the link. However, it is the same user guide that I was provided with. Couldn't find it on the Nokia site for my model and thought it may contain more information - NO.

Apart from a couple of examples in the Standby mode section (battery indicator, signal strength etc.), there is no list of icons or what they mean.

Still trying to find out what setting I've selected to have a grey computer-like icon appear in my display next to the battery indicator.

Please see my other post Nokia 2630 display - computer/printer symbol?

Thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thought I'd raise this again.

Looking through posts in the forum, I see many queries regarding what different icons mean.

The manual is woefully inadequate in explaining these and trying to find some extra help online, generally gets you to the same (inadequate) manual.

I know all phones differ and some have features that others don't but it would be handy if Nokia listed all the icons THEY know about and explained why and when they appear.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Today i was searching for some symbol which disappeared from my Nokia handset.

Came to this forum, but then i have found nice list of symbols here:

http://www.earthtones.com/data/138/nokia_6560_guide.pdf

I decided to post it here which might be useful for others.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheWalrus

[ Edited ]

Thanks (it's page 18 for anyone looking).

I had this problem with my 6700 classic, then I took a closer look at the manual, and it is there on page 13.

"Sorry, what's that? RTFM you say?"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

whats the icon like describe it

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dineh

I also had a difficult time trying to find out what an icon meant on my phone (3600). The user manual is very inadequate. Through a lot of searching, I found the following websites:

http://nokiae50.info/articles/icons-nokia

http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm53715.xml?related=y&Referring%20Related%20DocID%20List%20Index=3&d...

Hopefully, it will help others trying to find out what an icon means. In my case, it was the T-Mobile website that gave me the info I needed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimmer4321

this link is it! My nephew activated the Blue tooth somehow which I don't use and the icon, what it was, how to get rid of it, but especially searching for it in the vague manual and on-line was a nightmare. TY dineh.
Please use plain text.
worsel

I know this is an OLD Post .. but the Point is still Relevant !! .. I have a Funny Icon on my Phone Nokia 300 its not in the Manual ..?? .. It is like an square formed with 4 dots with 4 ' in each Corner & with 2 ' to both Sides .. Anybody any Ideas .. "" it would be handy if Nokia listed all the icons THEY know "" ...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check if the symbol is there in this list .. Else, better if you can post a picture of it ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Hi just got our pm can you post a screenshot ?
Have you downloaded any apps recently?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Asiral

I am eager tro know why there is an asterisk mark '*' near the battery indicator in my nokia 206? Anyone having the same case?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Its a Notification ..Refer Message 3 in THIS thread ..

Please use plain text.
worsel

:[]:
Means you have a facebook message !!

Reminder to my self :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.