Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lost Nokia 5233

kubra

Lost Nokia 5233

Hi Friends,

I lost my  Nokia 5233 mobile two days back.I have IMEI No of that mobile with me.

Please help me in tracing the lost mobile as I have vital information, contacts in it.

Please share your valuabel suggestions.

Regards,

Kubra.

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It isn't possible for you to trace your phone. The only thing you can do is to report the loss to your network and the police. The chances of them recivering it is extremely low but they may be able to block the IMEI and stop the phone being used in your country.

kubra

Thanks for your reply.

I got to know that if we have  IMEI number we can find

at what number this set is being used currently .Is this true?

If yes.How can I get to know that number ?

Please help me.

Regard .

Kubra.

Mobile Guru
coolbelief

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/My-phone-is-lost-or-stolen-what-can-I-do/td-p/525537
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Technically yes, but the network will have to give you this info and they won't. This is not information you or I have access to. Also, the chances are, your phone is already on the way to another country.

Your only option is to report it to the network and the police and hope they do something about it.

Registered Member
frezze001

Lost Nokia 5233

Dear sir/madam,

I lost my phone today. i have used security code for my mobile. is any way to change that security code by stoller. or any software is available to change that security???????

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It is possible for the thief to change the security code but not without having to wipe the phone so at least your data and information should be safe. 

Registered Member
vikassaryam

i have lost my nokia 5233. how to get it back?

Mobile Overlord
farby

vikassaryam wrote:

i have lost my nokia 5233. how to get it back?

Refer THIS

Counsellor
urgent

In few word neither security code nor any other security features how price you had paid for it can protect your phone finally after it got stolen and device is 10metres away from you in crowded place.

You will think that I'm kidding but practically not; every device ROM can be flashed even without any password and in many other devices restore can be done even without password, for eg in nokia 500 pressing call+lock+volume upper key and starting the phone does restore factory setting even deletes the users security code. In lumia technique in little bit different. Same thing can be done in android devices too.
But I have no idea with apple devices.

Even blocking IMEI nuber is sometimes useless as one day in news challen it was shown that these stolen devices after reinstalling firmware sometimes IMEI number is too changed with some false IMEI number.

So prevention is always better than cure and try to avoid not storing sensitive information in your device and be a little careful with it.