Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Mail for Exchange for Asha 210 dual sim и Asha...

ttipsy
Accepted Solution

Mail for Exchange for Asha 210 dual sim и Asha 501 dual sim

Hello. Do you plan to release Mail for exchange for nokia Asha 210 dual sim и Asha 501 dual sim?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Mail for Exchange for Asha 210 dual sim и Asha 501 dual sim

[ Edited ]

Both phones have different operating systems. The Nokia Asha 210 is a Series 40. The Nokia Asha 501 comes with the new Asha Software Platform.

For the Nokia 501, please, continue in that thread …

You should subscribe to that thread, in case something changes.

For the Nokia 210, please,

1. go to the Store on your computer
  2. login yourself in
  3. select a Nokia 302 as your device. Then,
  4. append a /download to the URL. This gives you the JAD file. There,
  5. extract the the URL of the JAR file, from MIDlet-Jar-URL
  6. enter that in your Web browser. This gives you the JAR file.
  7. beam both, JAD and JAR, over to your Nokia 210

Did that help?

Please use plain text.
ttipsy

[ Edited ]

Thank you. I downloaded the JAR and JAD. But when the application generates an error: "Your OS version is not supported. Upgrade to 14.53 or later".  

But the store Nokia reports: "In 302 & 303 it requires firmware 14.53 or newer, regional exceptions apply"

And: "Supports compatible Nokia devices: 300,302,303, 308,309,310 & 311 phones."

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

1. remove the app from your Nokia
  2. open the JAD
  3. X-Configuration-MinOSVersion
  4. there, enter your firmware version, which you get from *#0010#.

Did that help?

Please use plain text.
ttipsy

Thank you so much :thumbup:. These actions helped to install the application XXX. We are currently testing the application.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Cool! Do not forget to report your success (or failure).

Nevertheless, Mail-for-Exchange is not as good as it was in Symbian. You might be (much) better off with a Nokia 700 instead of the Nokia 501. And use a Nokia E6 or Nokia E5 instead of the Nokia 210.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
motra

Hallo!

I have just try to install the Mail for Exchange into the same NOKIA's model (i.e. Asha 210 DS) using steps as are describe here. Now I have both files "MailForExchange.jad" and "MailForExchange_518528.jar" installed (copied) in mobile phone but when I try to start them the message "An Invalid Application. Delete?" displays there. Where is the problem?

Thank for yor help.

Martin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

motra, rename the file name of the JAD so it matches the name or the JAR (not vice versa). Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
motra

Yes! That's great! MailForExchange starts now but... stops at new one message: "Certificate is not in the phone or on the SIM card!"

How can I save certificate in the phone memory? I can save it on memory card only, but not into phone memory. Therefore I have saved it into the same directory where both of JAD and JAR MailForExchange files are stored.

And when I click on the certificate file for opening, the phone displays message "This file format is not supported." Could you tell me what is the problem now? Thank you for your help..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

motraMfE starts? Is the date and time on your Nokia correct?

Could you make a screenshot before you get that error message, please. Attach here. Because from your description, I am not sure, whether the operating system or MfE itself outputs this error message. In the latter case, you have to read the MfE IT Guide, chapter 3.5.

If the system outputs this message, please, go to Menu » Settings » Security » Authoritity Certificates: What is listed there? Please, remove the battery and tell us your product code which is printed on the sticker (seven letters). Answering these two questions, helps Nokia to understand this issue in more detail. Then, please, continue there …

Please use plain text.
Contributor
motra

Date/time is correct, the auto-update is ON.

And there is more details about phone (after typing *#0000#):  210.2, V 04.12, 21-05-13, RM-928, variant 00.00, no virtual variant, language V 04.12 21-05-13, D2.

Regarding screenshot, please find out it in attachement (sorry, it is in Czech language). I am really not sure what sw displays the message, if the MfE or OS.

Regarding certificate, I am not sure that the certificate is installed or downloaded correctly in the phone (on card at this moment, see picture), because extension of my certificate is "cer", but all certificates located in menu » Settings » Security » Authoritity Certificates has extensions "der". And as I already wrote my certificate is saved on memory card not in Authority Certificate. could you tell me how to download / installed certificate correctly?

Regarding product code from the sticker - it is: 059R923

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

motra, if you get a warning sign on top of the app icon, the app is not installed correctly (why ever). Conseqeuntly, it is the operating system, giving this error. Now we have to find the cause for that. Please:

1. delete the app,
  2. turn off the phone,
  3. wait at least five minutes (longer is better)
  4. remove the memory card,
  5. restart the phone.

Waiting is important because in your phone, the memory card is below the battery. If you remove the battery while the file system is on working, you might corrupt the internal file system.

Now install the app again by placing the JAD. Then, after you get the ding dong sound or the message, or whatever appears in your current sound profile, place the JAR. Now again, try to open it.

Please use plain text.
tanmaygdr

I could not understand what you meant by this line
5. extract the the URL of the JAR file, from MIDlet-Jar-URL
How do i extract the URL?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

In that line behind the colon, copy and paste everything (it is a HTTP URL).

Please use plain text.
tanmaygdr

I have the similar issue as motra. the application doesnt open and says "Invalid application. Do you want to delete?"

I tried all options stated above. Never reached to the stage where it said about certificate. Just been getting a message "Invalid application do you....?"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Download it again, and this time just try the JAD (without the JAR, as that comes over-the-air).

Which phone do you use? And is it configured for Internet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
motra

to Abi99, to all: the MfE is really running (on Asha 210 Dual SIM)!

I describe you what I did:

1. Delete all files of MfE (JAD, JAR) from phone and memory card.
2. switch OFF the phone for more then 5 minute.
3. As recommend Abi99, after that (wait more than 5 minutes) remove the battery from phone and then remove memory card.
4. Switch ON the phone and connect it to PC (I use Nokia PC Suite and Bluetooth connection). When connection is established, then
5. Install MfE into memory of phone. It is necessary TO INSTALL, not to copy! For that I use SW Installation utility in Nokia PC Suite, not File Manager! In this step i had a problem, because I did not see JAD file in SW Installation utility (there were not possible to follow of Abi99's recommendation for copying of JAD first!), there is visible only JAR. Therefore I choose JAR and install them into phone memory.

Thats ALL!

After that I try to find out MfE in phone memory and - really - MfE were located in - see Setup > Applications > My Applications (I found it under applicatin Instat Messagin... do you see MfE there?).

And also there is normal (blue) MfE icon on the line of MfE. When I click on this line, the MfE starts. SUPER!

to Abi99: Thank you for your help, your guidance was great. But I have additional question:

Is it possible to switch off MfE? There is possibility to Hide MfE only (right button under display), when I used them, MfE works in background and when some problem occures (mainly when network connection is lost), then it is not possible to send a SMS (phone is not able to send SMS - sending icon on top of display still blinking and also it is not possible to send SMS from second SIM - to declean it, it is necessary to restart phone only). How can I prevented them?

How can I switch Packet Data from 1. SIM to 2.SIM in the MfE? When I switch Packet Data in SIM manager from 2.SIM to 1.SIM, Mfe remember old setting (2.SIM) and still send data via 2. SIM. I found that the SIMs switches from one to second only when I switch WiFi ON and then OFF (I wait until Packet data are redirected to WiFi and then switch WiFi off). And after that the MfE download new settings and use the 1.SIM. Bud when I forget to do this, the problem with blocking of SMS sending (descriebed above) occures. What do to prevented them?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Thanks for updating and clarifying, I am sure that help others.

About your issues: No idea, sorry. Perhaps those are the reason MfE is not available for a Nokia 210 Dual SIM officially.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
motra

to Abi99:

It is shame, because I have never seen other Nokia's phone, that has:

- 2 SIMs,

- display with possibility of big font,

- mechanical keypad,

- wi-fi, and

- MfE

If you do, can you tell me that type/model? Yes, of course, it should be Nokia...  

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Yes, with Samsung this would have been easy. However, from my experience the touch screen keyboards aren’t that bad anymore. Furthermore, the use for Wi-Fi is quite limited in many countries. Not sure about yours. If you remove one of these criterias, you find several offers with Nokia and Android.

Please use plain text.