Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Memory card as default storage media

KunalRane
Accepted Solution

Memory card as default storage media

Hello,

I just bought Nokia Asha 302. I want to make default storage to memory card, so that all SMS, pictures, songs, contacts, applications and games can be stored on memory card and phone memory will be free for use all the time. Can you please advise me how to do that?

Thank You!

Regards,

Kunal Rane

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

In Nokia Suite -->Tools-->Options-->My Phone-->Preferred Memory.. Set to Memory Card ..This should be for the Pictures and Songs..

In your phone..log-in to Nokia Store and then in Options-->Account-->Settings-->Installation Preferencs ...Select Memory Card ..This should be for downloaded Applications, Games, songs, etc. But, keep in mind that some applications must be installed in Phone memory for proper functioning.

For SMS check under message settings if you have the option to select Memory Card (not sure if its available for your device)

As for contacts, don't think that can be done. Its either on SIMor in Phone memory.

Please use plain text.
KunalRane

Thank you very much Farby.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davasha302

i bought nokia asha 3 days ago... I cant update song even i have in memory card.. Its in memory card its shown when i connect to my laptop... And plis let me knw how to disabled watsapp its always online...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
davasha302

and when i go to memory card, one invalid short cut icon is there... Which i cnt open..but i can be open frm laptop, and all the song is in tht short cut icon... Which i cnt update song when i go through music player update option.... And this song ocuppied memory status...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

If you don't need whatsapp then you have to delete it or delete all the configuration settings in the settings. Deleting all the configuration settings makes the phone not to connect to internet for all apps!

There should not be any shortcuts on the memory card. If you want songs on your phone, you have to copy the songs to the memory card.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
davasha302

i mean not to delete permantly watsapp just for temporary offline or just to disconnect for time being.... Is there any way.. To figure this out..

And
after formating my memomy card i add new folder i made the same step.. Copy.. paste..(some song) To memory card... But this dint update.to music player. This things occupied...memory.. And once again when i connect to laptop all the song is still in memory card.. But memory card >(short cut memory card) >new folder...
And one thing, when i gone through my phone to memory card.. There is invalid icon i.e (shortcut memory card) actually all the song is in tht shortcut... I dont knw where this shortcut comes from... Help me this out...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

After you disconnect the phone from pc, you should be able to see all the songs on the memory card and should be able to play them from memory card itself.

When you open music player, refresh the library. You should be able to see your music files there.
Aso make sure that there is some free space like at least 1MB in the internal phone memory.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
davasha302

i have knwledge abt tht... And i did wht u said.. Copy paste.. 1mb free space library update.. No any song..!!! But still occupied some space by song in memory card... I bought this only 4 days ago..... I think i should go.. For nokia care centre..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

For whatsapp, activated wrong access point like access point of another network provider, to block it from the internet.

Please use plain text.