Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Message Storage Memory Not Ready Nokia 6300

Registered Member

i keep getting the error 'Message Storage Memory Not Ready'
when i try to open my inbox or do anything to do with messages
the internal memory on my phone is full and the phone keeps freezing
there are about 5000 messages in the inbox and the phone just freezes it i try to open anything
i need to delete all the messages but i cant
i tried to delete all messages but it cant open it to delete it
i tried to restor factoy setting but i didnt work
i tried holding the green button the star button and the number 3 button and turn it on to format it but it doesnt work
any one got an idea;s?!!!!
its a nokia 6300
Please use plain text.
Sage
kflyer

Re: Message Storage Memory Not Ready Nokia 6300

The Green, Star and 3 formatting method does not work for the 6300. I think that the best thing for you to do is trying to open the inbox or deleting the messages and waiting sometime till it opens (be it 1 minute or 10). If not, try to connect it to a PC and manage the messages via the PC Suite. Hope this helps.

Mobile Royale - Latest News, Reviews and Software for Mobiles

Aero Everyday - Aviation News and Insights

GoMobile Forums-The best mobile technology discussions

Please visit http://alifeofmisery.blogspot.com or www.miserylife.tk and help someone smile.

Dreaming of a 5320XpressMusic - 128MB RAM makes up for the 2MP cam !
Please use plain text.

Got the same problem.
Phone is starting up, can't access inbox, sent messages, etc. (says its not ready). And after some time the phone restarts itself..

I guess it is trying to build an index of the messages and then runs out of memory and restarts?

Must be some way of solving this problem?!?
Please use plain text.

Got the same problem ...... can any One help out ..? any solution?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have the same problem. There seems to be nothing I can do! Somebody please help!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi..
Did anyone get anywhere with this?

I am so frustrated.. I thought kflyer's PC Suite idea was good so I tried to connect but the phone still crashes. I just can't do anything, it crashes within 20secs whatever I try to do. If I try to choose the factory reset option, it crashes.

If I try the SIM in another phone, it's ok but all the contacts and messages are stored on the 6300. If I try another SIM in the 6300, it doesn't work because it's LOCKED! AAAAAGH!

Any ideas? If I have to wipe the memory I will (if I am able to)

THANK YOU
Please use plain text.

I ended up having to flash the whole phone at a service point.. really hope the have sorted this stupid bug in the latest firmware!
Please use plain text.

OOuuu..... what i did got cell phone Flashed from market..

and the bug is not with the Phone`s firmware ... the Mess is with the Cell Ph..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My phone was on software version 05.00 dated 27-14-07. I took it to the Carphone Warehouse who 'reflashed' its memory for FREE!

Meaning everything on the phone's memory was wiped (all my contacts were on my SIM card though, and the pictures were on a memory card, so not too bad. I just lost the messages) but at least it now works.

It is now at software version 06.01 (latest I believe) dated 16-01-08. Don't know if the bug is fixed though as I don't plan to leave 3000 messages on there again :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi everybody,

I was having the same problem with my cell phone nokia 6300, whenever i treid to access my inbox it says "Message storage memory not ready" i went to my service provider many times but they told me to reflash my phone memory,

but i noticed that, whenever i restore my phone to factory settings, this problems resolved automatically, and whenever i activate a theme in my phone, which i normally stored in my memory card this probelm persist.

so what i do now is that i have moved all the Themes from my memory card to phone memory and now i activate them from phone memory. my phone is now working fine without any regarding message storgae memory error.

thats a bit strange kind of error which i didn't understand and nobody has any explanation but the good thing is that i can access my inbox without any problem no matter how many times i restart my phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

See the post of February 10th 2009, its probably the last post.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=hardware&thread.id=7775

Please use plain text.

I am using nokia 6300 i  get a error message saying storage memory not ready, i am unable to get in to the contacts messages and into any folder, unable to receive call, make calls and send and receive messages, i heard its because my phone memory is full but i have not taken any back up till date , i want to save my contacts and messages , can any one help me to log in to my phone and delete the unwanted ones, am unable to connect through pc suite too...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mistyangel

[ Edited ]

i have a problem with nokia 6300. It freezes when i open gallary, names. n also it display that  message storage memory not ready....

If anybody have a solution then kindly provide me in this forum.

plz help me...! 

Post edited. PM sent to user.

PM sent to user:

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Please use plain text.
Contributor
miyanda3

I also had this problem bt no more!! Here z wat u d: activate flight query in e phone Menu>Settings>Phone>flight query>Yes

so whenevr u r switchn t on alwyz actvat dis mod t cn b deactvatd by actvatn any profil other than this
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
khaye2222

i tried to do this. but it really ddnt work my phone was stuck and switched on and off over again.

really need a help guys!.
Please use plain text.
dubdub123

Hi

I've hit this problem too with my nokia 6300. Initially the phone wouldn't stay on and for the short bursts it was on, I couldn't access the messages.

I've taken the external memory out and phone seems to be staying on now

I've started to delete contacts

But... I am still getting the error regarding message storage not ready. I have a lot of messages on the phone.

I've tried to connect to Nokia Ovi Suite and Nokia PC Suite, but either the bluetooth fails, or it seems to connect, but the message aren't seen.

Any ideas what I can do? I have a lot of important messages on my phone and only some of them are backed up.

Tried it without the SIM card too, but no joy..

Any pointers would be great. If I was to put a different SIM card in, should I be able to access the messages, if the phone is unlocked perhaps??  More concerned about getting to the messages than the actual phone being usable.   Any pointers would be great : )

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Message Storage Memory Not Ready Nokia 7210

My cell Nokia 7210 Supernova dos not send or receive sms since 3 days and its inbox can't open and SIM memory also not working, plse give me a solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HuBot

You still have an option of using sim card reader. Go to any techno-market and get a sim card reader, it will definetly help you. Just put your sim card into it and washout your used memory.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ModupeKuti

I had the same problem with my phone. Solved it by getting the SIM swapped. After swapping SIM, phone works just fine!!! Problem was with SIM all along!!!

Please use plain text.