Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Message sending failed error

Registered Member

Message sending failed error

Hi

I am getting the following error when i try to send text messages to another number.

"Message Sending Failed" in details

"Unable to send the text messages"

Can anybody help me.....

How to rectify my Problem..........
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Message sending failed error

you have to try to restore the factory settings or get the message centre number from your network provider or erase all the sent messages from your phone :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

You don't say what country you are in, what network you use and what phone model you have.

It has been known for operator-variant models to lose their message centre settings, you can checn by going Menu>Messaging>Message Settings>Text Messages>Message Centres.

This issue currently exists in the UK and affects 6233 and 6280 phones owned by customers of operator 3. If you are one of these cases, you need to reset your message centre name as 3b and the number as +447782000800.

If not a 3 customer in the UK, check in your settings by going through the settings as described above, of the settings are missing you then need to obtain the correct message centre settings from your operator.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailas_14

Hi, my cell phone all the Rest. factory setting & restrat the cell phone, but problem the no resol. pls help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Salman_Sarfraz

I tried emptying my Sent Items folder as suggested by kookai and it worked. No Message sending failed error any more. :smileyhappy:

kailas_14 wrote:

Hi, my cell phone all the Rest. factory setting & restrat the cell phone, but problem the no resol. pls help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Haiderzada

i have nokia 5230 but my message is not sending it just resend after some time whats the problem plz help me out

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

..But does it go thru' on resend or again gets stuck in the Outbox ? Also is ita new problem ?

If there are any messages stuck in the Outbox, first delete all and then try again. If the problem still persists confirm the Message Centre Settings. call up your operator for this and also confirm whether any Network problem is reason for this.

Please use plain text.
WalterC301

I got the same error-message on my Nokia C3-1.

I discovered however, that I got this message repeatedly but ONLY when I tried to send a message to one particular contact! Sending to others was ok.

Both my Inbox and Outbox contained many messages to and from this contact (20 or so each).

After archiving all messages from both In- and Outbox everything worked fine again!

Before this I tried solutions suggested by others here, like Resetting Factory Settings etc. but to no avail.

I do think that Nokia should look into this matter and provide an adequate error-message if in/outbox limitations are causing this error.

Please use plain text.