Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Nokia 1100 wants my security code, Pls Help!! ...

My Nokia 1100 wants my security code, Pls Help!! it changed it!!

My Nokia 1100 (purchased through tracfone) when I turned it on to use came up with security code:  There is a symbol in the upper left corner above the words & an ok below.  I tried the 12345 and nothing.  I went to tracfone & the gave me a 9999 and a 000000 and that did nothing.  They said the phone was broke.  Nothing seems to come up, I can't see the phone minutes nothing.

I have used it little in the past 2 years I've had it.  It's kept charged up and used when traveling.  I did nothing to the phone.  It was charged up maybe a few weeks ago and then shut off. 

They said I must have changed the code, but I didn't.  Can someone help, or is it in fact just plain broke.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: My Nokia 1100 wants my security code, Pls Help!! it changed it!!

If it is not accepting 12345, then somebody has changed the code. The only way to recover it is to have the phone reflashed by a Nokia service point, who will expect you to provide proof of purchase or ownership before they will unlock it. There is no way around the security code, if anybody on the internet could get around it for you then there would be no point having it...
Please use plain text.

I believe I'm understanding that someone has hacked into the phone to change the code.  Since my guess? is that in order for me to have changed the codes I would have had to go to menu & do something related to that.    I did some research right now and find that this phone has a problem with hackers for stuff.  So I guess if they can do that for that, I suppose they can maybe change a code via the internet, or like the guy said it's broke.

So it appears like the phone is now useless unless I want to sell it to a hacker, ha, ha. 

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

This isn't a question of hacking.

If you didn't change the security code from its default 12345 as soon as you got the phone then anyone could have changed it to anything in a matter of seconds, and without "hacking" anything, simply because it is widely known that the default security code is 12345.

Now, all you have to do is take or send the phone to your nearest Nokia Care Point along with proof that you are its owner, and you'll be able to access it again.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

Thank you

I don't know if my phone just had the hiccups or what!  I've been unable to get it to work for two days.  I tried something I'd read in another post about a different model of phone.  After posting, I left the phone on for 15 minutes or more just sitting there on, then I tried the usual security code and it now works.  I don't know what happened, but it works. 

Thank you for the information I know now where to go - to the Nokia care center and perhaps I should change my security code, but I'm not sure what would be worth stealing on a phone since there's just phone numbers.

But, I don't know why it acted up, but appreciate the help.  And, it seems solved for now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sithu841

Pls, help me!. I wants to security code of Nokia 1100 mobile phone. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Unfortunately all the advice we can give is in earlier posts in this thread, default Nokia lockcode is 12345 across the range but if altered Nokia Care point can reset although proof of purchase may be required.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenneddo

1. I want password for nokia 1100.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

kenneddo wrote:
  1. I want password for nokia 1100.

Did you read the entire thread before posting ?

Please use plain text.