Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia 6500 Slide randomly switches to fabri...

Accepted Solution

My Nokia 6500 Slide randomly switches to fabrics

[ Edited ]

Hello folks!

I've got this problem I've been so **bleep** off about ever since I got this phone.

The phone itself is great, but there's one .. one problem thats getting on my nerves.

Every time I use a theme I've made myself, a MP3 ringtone or just a simple background picture, the phone goes back to "fabric standards", the only thing thats left is whats on my memory-card, my contacts are still there, the music-playlists and just some random other stuff.

The phone goes back to the blue or black Nokia theme, and the ringtone sets back to Nokia Tune.

The phone is up-to-date on everything, I've had this problem ever since I got it.

It can take 10 seconds, 10 minutes, 10 hour or 10 days before the "reset" comes.

I've been too lazy to ask about it before, but now its **bleep** me off. Now Its like 1 minute between the resets. And I just wanna throw the piece of g... the phone in the ground. :smileyhappy:

Anyone wanna help me? :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance,

Greetings from Norway. 

Message Edited by Bjoervik on 30-Sep-2009 06:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: My Nokia 6500 Slide randomly switches to fabrics

move the tone or wallpaper to phone memory rather than using it from the memory card this is a common issue as there was a loose connection with the back which was causing the phone to reset to defaults

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.

Oh, that sounds like it kinda could work. Cus my other theme worked when I had it on the phone card :smileyhappy: Damn, thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

no problem

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

[ Edited ]
There was a problem with the 6500 Slide's battery cover when it was launched - there is a small piece of metal sticking out close to the camera hole. This needs to touch a switch on the phone's circuit board in order for the memory card to be activated. This is necessary for "hot-swapping" - it makes sure that your card can be removed from the phone whilst it is switched on without corrupting data (ie: if any files are open). By cutting the power to the card when the back is removed, it ensures that files are closed before you pull the card from the phone.

Unfortunately, in the case of the 6500 Slide, the back cover was not well designed and can flex when in position and lose contact with the switch - this causes the card to shut down even though the back cover is not removed. If the card is removed (or loses contact due to this problem) whilst the phone is switched on, it obviously can't read the file for backgrounds, ringtones etc. that are there, which is why it restores default settings.

This issue was, as far as I remember, fixed in later models and you should be able to get the problem fixed by a Nokia service point. Assuming that your phone was bought less than two years ago, this should be fixed free under warranty. I think the model came out about two years ago, so hopefully you'll be lucky.
Message Edited by mccbleue on 30-Sep-2009 10:20 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheKiller

hello. i have a nokia 6500 slide with the same problem. when i set a ringtone , and a wallpaper from the card. sometimes the phone set them by itself to fabric. 

is there a problem with the metal back of the phone ? and where is this switch that the metal back get it on. please help.  it really **bleep** me off.  

i have done reset of the phone , installed the latest softwere version , but no effect.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Have you tried what ive suggested in an above post.
Other than that take it to a nokia care point,dont attempt any self repairs.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.