Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: My Nokia Asha 306 problem

aleisha11

elletz wrote:
how do you do the hard reinstall firmware?

To do that, you need to use Nokia Suite. Please make sure to back up your files before doing that.

You can download Nokia Suite from this link: www.nokia.com/nokiasuite 

Here are the procedure to back up your data:

1. Connect the phone you want to back up to your computer with a USB cable. On your phone, select Nokia Suite and then select OK.

2. In Nokia Suite, click Tools then Backup. Nokia Suite shows you a list of the content types that you can back up and prepares a list of information that can be backed up.

3. Select the information that you want to back up. If you want to change where the backup file is saved, click Browse and choose another location. If you have a lot of music, photos or videos on your phone, including them in the backup will cause the backup process to be slower. 

4. Click Start to begin backing up. Do not disconnect or switch off your phone during the backup. If you need to stop the backup, click Stop. Nokia Suite will reach a safe stop point and will then stop the backup. 

5. Click Finish to close the window after the backup is complete.

To re-install the software, you can do these steps:

1. In Nokia Suite, select Tools then Software updates.
2. Click the word 
Re-install

Please do not disconnect your phone until the installation is completely finished. Doing so might cause damage to your phone or result in its contents being lost.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
epicdarkrai

My nokia asha 306 problem

i dont know how to download songs in my nokia asha 306 , please tell me how am i supposed to download songs , my wifi is alright , everything works fine but.. the song download problem is a nuisance . I mmediate help required

Registered Member
DanMaps

hav the same problem too with 306 asha.hw do do l do the hard reset?
epicdarkrai

Help me someone i need to download songs urgen i cant even download from the official nokia music store !!!! :smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:

aleisha11

@DanMaps

You can do that by going to Settings > Restore factory settings > All > Enter the security code. The default code is 12345 unless changed.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

@epicdarkrai

Do you have an active subscription? Is there any error message? Send us a screenshot of the issue so we can check what's the cause.

Final Banner
asha_306_

my asha 306 wont boot, I just interrupted the software update last night, and when I boot my phone, it wont open

Mobile Overlord
farby

The ONLY thing you can try is remove the Battery for a couple of minutes, insert and see if the phone switches ON fine. Else, need to visit Nokia Care

asha_306_

I tried it several times, it wont neither turn on nor charge.. pls help me ASAP

Mobile Overlord
farby

There is nothing more that you can do here .. The next step i.e. to visit Nokia Care is already mentioned above ..

asha_306_

that's what we are about to do now

Registered Member
Deeppratim

my nokia asha 306 wifi is not connecting...asking to switch on mobile data,bt if i switch it on,its charging @10p/kb from main acount bal....wts d solution for  this??plzz help....hw to conect wifi??

Counsellor
asha1212

[ Edited ]

Pls do not update your phone otherwise ur phone hardware  id missing and phone dead now 

pls go to ur nearest moblieshop and  reinstall software( sw 5.93)

phone have warranty go to nokia nokia care reinstall software( sw 5.93)-free install 

pls do not reinstall nokia latest update sw 7.42  Why( see link now)

Nokia Asha 306 RM-767 Firmware v 07.42 (not good)

Contributor
sbucarter

when i open my enternet,email,counters,social etc they automatical close its self.....plz guyz i nid hlp
Counsellor
asha1212

restore your phone 

Contributor
sbucarter

i did and i even do the hardreset but still no change
khowaja

how to get previous version 5.93 from 7.49 help 

Registered Member
Jomarie

My phone nokia 306 is not open, how can i open, because i do this im going to setting then i click the phone then download software, after this i install then i remove the batterry then not open...

Please help me
Fabmwa

My watsap has expired and i hv 2 upgrade it.bt evrytym i try upgrading it iam told dat thre is no inaf space even thou i've delited evrythng ..pls hlp
Fabmwa

Cn smbody pls ansa my question it urgent please
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Fabmwa, try to remove the memory card before you update. For some models this helped (there is a bug while installing new stuff), not sure, if yours if affected, too.