Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Nokia Asha 306 problem

Adil_J

My Nokia Asha 306 problem

My Nokia 306 had a fall and now it is not keeping all the icons on the first page. Like weather and others. It is keeping the essential icons like calendar, contacts,, messaging etc. I tried restore factory settings -- >all and also restore from backup but in vain. Please help me restore it. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: My Nokia Asha 306 problem

hi mate,

have you checked via Nokia Suite if there are any firmware updates for your device? If there are, please update to the latest version offered. if that doesn't work, then try re-installing your current firmware via Nokia Suite, and if that fails, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

Updating to version 3.8.1 that was available yesterday ver 3.8.1 but to no avail. I have many times restroed factory settings. When I do a restore from a back up, I can see all those default icons like weather and the settings icon on the left, but as soon as I get message "Restore complete" many icons just vanish and the settings icon goes to right. How do I reinstall original software that I got from the factory. Or is it some settings issue that I need to change?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

I am the same guy adil_j And I have noticed that wifi connctions are not working too. Maybe after updating to ver 3.8.1?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Might be some incompatible apps contained as part of your backup of your device , though as it is a new phone, I wouldn't expect it to be. Only option here is to leave your backup and restore manually, or try to re-install your current firmware and see if that does the trick.

Failing all of that, you may have no choice but to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

well how to restore its original software?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi adil_nok,

If you want to restore your phone to its original software, I would advise you to perform a hard reset.  First of all, save all your files on Nokia suite (hard reset deletes all files on phone memory) and enter this code on your keypad *#7370#, default code "12345".

Pfrancoise. 

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

Pfrancoise I have done what u asked me for and my phone is connecting to wifi lan now :smileyhappy: but the home screen problem is still there and so is the problem that whatever I download from nokia store, the applications gives me the message of not finding Certificate on phone or sim OR it is trying to download ovi browser and the icon "internet" is not much of use anymore as on running it gives message "invalid settings" Thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

There should be an option "Repair your phone software" in the PC Suite as restoring factory settings has not helped me.
Please use plain text.
Adil_J

I downloaded Nokia browser and it has problem making a secure connections to sites. I have three Nokia certificates but don't know what is wrong. The default browser with "Internet" icon runs now.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

support also I need code signing certificates for applications and TLS/SSL certificates. where can I download it? And the app I have downloaded from "store" are giving me no certificate found error. Before this was not happening. If this all is happening due to some virus, then please please tell me about some good antivirus for my Java Smart phone ie Nokia Asha 306... And please do tell me where I can register my appreciation with Nokia for creating a good Java mobile. Thanks, Adil
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naibaho

I want to hardreset my Nokia asha 306,, but my phone totally blank.. just vibrating if i touch the screen, and not booting,, even the logo not appear,, how to hardreset my Asia 306?? What key should i press? Need help
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

Hi, naibaho, Above in the posts Pfrancoise has told about the key to hard reset Nokia phone Maybe it helps... All, My main problems are: 1) I see all the default icons like "EA free games" or "weather" on restarting phone or on resetting it, but when the phone is ready to be used, they all vanish. 2) Certificates are not working. Where are the developers of this my Nokia 306 phone software? Please help... Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

I have got my phone back in shape guys!!! :smileyhappy:

I have had reinstall firmware and bingo!

Thanks God!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anne_durante

I bought nokia asha 306 3 days ago but I can't connect to the internet using wifi connection..i've tried restoring everything but still no luck..pls. help me..how do you reinstall the firmware?:wacko:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

What error are you experiencing with WiFi?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

Is yours a new phone? There is a process for it...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adil_nok

Is your Nokia brand new or is it used? And Are you willing to take the steps?
Please use plain text.
elletz

Re: My Nokia Asha 306 problem..PLS HELP

hello how are you? read your posts,am having the same problem with my phone please how do i do the hard fimware reinstall? thanks

Please use plain text.
elletz

how do you do the hard reinstall firmware?
Please use plain text.