Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My X3-02 can't connect to my home wlan

shobitadarini
Accepted Solution

My X3-02 can't connect to my home wlan

Hey I just bought my x3-02 but it connects to the wlan when I save it under the saved wlans but when I start web-browsing,my digi gprs is used n not the wlan,n my credit gets deducted. How do I get about this?

Please use plain text.
Professor

C3-00 shares the same OS (6th ed fp1) which WiFi problems have atleast partially been overcome with solutions that can be found from this /t5/Cseries/nokia-c3-wlan/td-p/711188 thread. Does it work also for X3-02 ?

Please use plain text.
shobitadarini

i got this from one of the threads there.and it works!

Hello, You can try this, it may work. If you go to Menu - Settings - Configuration - Personal Settings - My Web And follow the steps, you do not need to fill in any details, just activate it. Then go to Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration. Then the 'account' should say my web. From now the phone will always ask first, as long as you have selected ask first in the connectivity WLAN options and when packet data is set to when needed.

Thank you Charlie Bruinvels ....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
g1152

I did as suggested here but now I get message "Subscribe to packet data first". Having same problem - phone does not connect through wifi :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
g1152

[ Edited ]

okey this does not occure with Opera browser. Only phone default browser acts as silly. Also if I open youtube clips, Nokia player does not use wifi too, it gives same error as I said at previous post.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

Having same problem - phone does not connect through wifi when the player try to open an youtube clip!

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@shobitadarini

• please go to settings / phone / application settings / posotioning / positioning methods / and
  • select only - integrated GPS and wi fi Network

if the above sequence is not available u may go to settings and  go to positioning / positioning settings and select only  integrated GPS and wi fi Network

in other words u will have to disconnect assisted GPS network based

cheers

PS: if this information is helpfull please click the white star on green background

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tribuuy

chandana99, there are no such settings in this phone. Go download "Your video player" from getjar.com people, with it you will be able to watch youtube over wifi network.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
munawwar88

thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

wanna youtube fix ?.........

/t5/Xseries/X3-02-you-tube/td-p/819771

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set WLAN connection as default connection?

For example, I want the phone to always use the WLAN connection and never providers' network. If I want the providers' network I want to enable it manualy. As I understood the closest thing is to put "Don't ask" when it asks me for the connection, but it says there that it will always use WLAN if it is available and if it's not it will automatically use providers' network. But I don't want him to use providers' network automatically, but only if I manually turn the feature on.

I don't know if the post is clear...

Tnx.

Please use plain text.
dsat

[ Edited ]

>>If you go to Menu - Settings - Configuration - Personal Settings - My Web And follow the steps, you do not need to fill in any details, just activate it. Then go to Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration. Then the 'account' should say my web. From now the phone will always ask first, as long as you have selected ask first in the connectivity WLAN options and when packet data is set to when needed.<<

This worked for me!!! Thanks so much shobita! but the opera browser still doesn't detect wifi using this. Still i can browse using the default browser which i'm perfectly content with!

Please use plain text.
pavankumar14

Even i have this issue,

workaround :

select a GPRS setting on the phone which does not have internet connectivity.

Ex: if you have vodafone as your service provider, select T-mobile as the default access point..

Its really awesome to see nokia still releasing buggy softwares!

Next time, its NO-nokia for me.... android, here i come! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ia178

I tried ever possible solution on the internet for my X3-02 wifi problem but none worked. I can connect to the wifi and when I try to use it through wifi I can't browse. it says "Link not available". But it works with my friend's wifi connection. I've tried it with many other wifi networks it worked with some but didn't with the other and my net is from the others it seems. HELP ANYONE PLEASE!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Avenger_Osiris

hi @shobitadarini
what version of firmware are you using?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Avenger_Osiris

1) To disable GPRS n use WLAN(wireless internet) problem
try this:

Menu>settings>Configuration>personal settings>options>add new>

choose "my access point", "my streaming" & "my web"

Then

Menu>settings>Connectivity>WLAN>Internet **bleep**.>Ask First

Menu>settings>Connectivity>Packed Data>>pack. data conn.>When needed

Last

Menu>Internet>Web Settings>Configuration Settings>configuration>Personal configuration

2) To watch Youtube via WLAN

1st make sure U go to configuration settings
see personal settings,  make sure u create "My streaming"
after that, U open media player (the one that play your songs)
click options>more>Downloads>streaming Settings>

change...

configuration>personal config.

Account>my streaming

Hope it can helps
Kudo me if U like it

Please use plain text.
bedok414

Thank you for your help... it worked for me..... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
x302subrata

how to connect the existing net connection of x3-02 with my laptop?
Just let me know the one by one proceedure to follow.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

@iya178

found a solution of your problem ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naive1993

Thank You for your post, Your suggestions really work for my nokia X3-02!. Keep up the goodwork. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.