Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My phone got wet

Registered Member

My phone got wet

Dear all,

My phone, Nokia 6020, has fallen into water. I removed the battery and dried them with fan. I haven't turned on the phone by now. What should I do?

Regards,
Farzad
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: My phone got wet

If it's fully dry then try to swith it on, if it all works then your phone is ok. If it doesn't work you will need to buy a new phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Even if it works after this ordeal, internal component corrosion might be going on and you'll never know when it stops working.

Make sure you back up/save your data, because when the phone finally stops working, you're not going to get to it any longer.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
poseidon

You should always keep your handsets well away from water. This will save your mobile handset, and money.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

03-Sep-200706:27 PM
poseidon wrote:
You should always keep your handsets well away from water. This will save your mobile handset, and money.

We all know it.:smileyvery-happy:
Whenever you face this problem, try to dry the phone as fast as possible.
For further possible damage show it to NSC.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vatsal

[ Edited ]

hey mah phone got wet tooo

its 5220 xpressmusic   its d second time it got wet

at the first time i kept it in the sun to let  it dry.........

it worked bt this time it didn't     :smileysad:

pls tell me wat shud i do..........

pls...............

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@ Vatsal: It's all described here in this guide made by Psychomania: /t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Dropped-your-phone-in-water-Here-s-what-to-do-next/td-p/380349

Good luck!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yagyag

my phone got wet too at the beach.  after drying it a message flash on the screen it says "your phone failed to start up. contact your retailer." and after that it stopped working.  Hoping that it can be fixed. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try as posted in the link provided by Fender77 ... Best of Luck...

Please use plain text.