Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 8GM MASS MEMORY RECOVERY

N95 8GM MASS MEMORY RECOVERY

PLEASE HELP!!!

My nokia n95 8gb fell into water. As instructed I took out the battery dried the phone, and replaced the battery after a few hours. The phone turned on but no NOKIA picture comes out. In fact when i turn it on the screen goes on and stays on for about 2-3 min (without any picture) and than it turns off by itself. It doesn't make any sound and it doesn’t react when I press the keys. As i imagine it lost the data from the flash memory but is it possible that the data on the mass storage memory remained intact? I mean is there any way i can remove the 8gb mass memory flash the phone and place the 8gb flash (disk) back on? All my data plus the backup of the entire phone is on that 8gb mass storage, Please advise me what can i do in order to recover my data.    

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: N95 8GM MASS MEMORY RECOVERY

my advice would be to dry the phone and keep it separated from the battery, then place both of them in a contained of uncooked rice for two or so days. this will absorb any additional moisture, then try turning the phone on and see if it works again. however, i do not hold high hopes that this method will work, so if this fails then you will have no option but to take your phone to your local Nokia Care Centre for them to take a look at. 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Sage
loveuhateu

I'm afraid that Nokia care should possiblily recover the phone. AS its a case of water, Nokia refuses to do so. TRy the method as stated by adrian. If it works then well and good. Or else see if Nokia Care is willing to solve your problem.
Mark my posts as helpful if anyone finds it! After all you will make us improve.
Thanks for kudos if you give!
Please use plain text.

I have one more question. Is it possible to remove the 8 gb on board mass memory and place it on another N95 8GB phone? I think this is my last option..
Please use plain text.

I have one more question. Is it possible to remove the 8 gb on board mass memory and place it on another N95 8GB phone? I think this is my last option..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

no idea. as we have all said, the only option you have now is take your phone to your local Nokia Care Centre for them to inspect. ask them your question, they will be able to answer you. 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Sage
loveuhateu

roma1980 wrote:

No, the mass memory is builtin and it can't be removed though. You will have to sacrifice your data :smileysad:

Mark my posts as helpful if anyone finds it! After all you will make us improve.
Thanks for kudos if you give!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

as adrian said a nokia care point may be your only option if not to late try this

tip from our top guy physco

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=48

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.