Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

NOKIA 5200 -Camera Problems!!

Registered Member

NOKIA 5200 -Camera Problems!!

[ Edited ]
Hi,

New to this, but here goes.......
Just bought a Nokia 5200 & been having problems with the VGA camera. Sometimes when I try to take a photo a little red "Stop" sign appears with the message "unable to save picture / file" and then the camera switches to standby. It seems to be an intermittent fault, and I've even changed the settings so it stores photos onto a mini SD card, but it still hasn't fixed the problem. Exchanged the phone for the same model at the weekend, but still got the same problems. Is it a design fault? PLEASE HELP!!
CURRENT SOFTWARE:
V.04.71
RM-174

Thanks,

Lightbuoy :smileysurprised:)

Message Edited by lightbuoy on 09-Jul-200701:34 PM

Advisor

Re: NOKIA 5200 -Camera Problems!!

i have the same problem.

09-Jul-200701:27 PM
lightbuoy wrote:
Hi,

Just bought a Nokia 5200 & been having problems with the VGA camera. Sometimes when I try to take a photo a little red "Stop" sign appears with the message "unable to save picture / file" and then the camera switches to standby. It seems to be an intermittent fault, and I've even changed the settings so it stores photos onto a mini SD card, but it still hasn't fixed the problem. Exchanged the phone for the same model at the weekend, but still got the same problems. Is it a design fault? PLEASE HELP!!
CURRENT SOFTWARE:
V.04.71
RM-174

Thanks,

09-Jul-200701:27 PM
lightbuoy wrote:
Hi,

CURRENT SOFTWARE:
V.04.71
RM-174

Thanks,

I tried many experiments, even turning off & on between new settings in case it had to re-boot? I brought it to a Nokia Care place...they over-wrote the software w/the newest version. Still had the same problem you mentioned. Then I tried changing the camera settings from highest quality to medium. Now it works fine every time! When setting is at 'highest' quailty photo... the camera can not always process the data and store it in memory. I also noticed that the 5200 phone price is plummeting now... too many people are finding this flaw I suppose? Otherwise the phone is very good. I am going to sell my 5200 and get a 5300.
Registered Member

HEY, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.

All you have to do is update your software. I went to PC suite, and click on update software and the problem was fixed.