12-Jan-2008 11:37 PM
Hello everybody this is my first post. I have a Nokia 5610 I bought 1 month ago and I want to describe the main dis advantages I can see in this phone.. Please comment if you own one with your opinions on what to do. help, or anything to add...
1. No SECURITY , you cant make the phone ask you for security code when you turn the phone.. This is a major flaw considering ALL my previous cell phones had this.. So if they steal your phone or someone wants to use it there is no barriers.. Really bad.
2. No InCall timer. This is amazing from nokia how can they release a phone that does not have the option of showing how long you've been talking??? This is really bad, you can choose "call resume" function which shows you the time at the end of the call but its not the same.
3. NO FLASH as LIGHT! what is this?? I mean how come it has such a great light to be used as flash and you cant use it as flashlight?? how many times you are in a dark situation? I was used to take out my phone and spare some light. (keys, dark stairs, ect.. even shooting video at night.) Well.. not possible.
4.MICRO USB .. Why??? why didint you just stay with miniUSB?? Why micro?? who uses micro? nobody.. so if you lost that cable its really hard to get and you cant charge it (phone )through a computer so its useless.. This slot is useful just to connect the computer to a PC.. Attention ; The charger is a different slot.
5. No 3.5mm jack.. so you cant connect your normal headphones you have to connect the nokia ones or use an adapter..
6.No Auto lock keypad.. You have to manually lock the keypad every time .
7.No battery warning signal.. There is no absolute sing of the battery telling you its going to finish.. No red line , no sound (MO), no screen message.. (SE) , no nothing.. you just go to sleep and wake up the phone has been with no battery since you who knows... you put it in your pocket go out.. check it a 2 am .. absolutely dead.. with no warning..
8. No MAPS,..
9. No searching songs or artist title through the numbers keyboard .. so stupid.. you have a thousand songs and you have to scroll allll the way down .. wouldn't it be quicker to just press the 1st letter??
10.Cant send SMS from the phonebook menu.. Im sorry but this is really retarded, you see the options of a contact on the phonebook list and theres 10 options but no "send sms" option.
So prepare to go to SMS menu and then not even scroll but ADD new recipient.. i mean **bleep**??
The rest is pretty decent.. nice sound , quality of images, interface, speed...
But nokia please!! cant you release a software update at least??
09-04-2008 4:20 - edited 09-04-2008 4:32