Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA 5610- 10 PROBLEMS!

Sage
d12south

NOKIA 5610- 10 PROBLEMS!

Hello everybody this is my first post. I have a Nokia 5610 I bought 1 month ago and I want to describe the main dis advantages I can see in this phone.. Please comment if you own one with your opinions on what to do. help, or anything to add...

1. No SECURITY , you cant make the phone ask you for security code when you turn the phone.. This is a major flaw considering ALL my previous cell phones had this.. So if they steal your phone or someone wants to use it there is no barriers.. Really bad.

2. No InCall timer. This is amazing from nokia how can they release a phone that does not have the option of showing how long you've been talking??? This is really bad, you can choose "call resume" function which shows you the time at the end of the call but its not the same.

3. NO FLASH as LIGHT! what is this?? I mean how come it has such a great light to be used as flash and you cant use it as flashlight?? how many times you are in a dark situation? I was used to take out my phone and spare some light. (keys, dark stairs, ect.. even shooting video at night.) Well.. not possible.

4.MICRO USB .. Why??? why didint you just stay with miniUSB?? Why micro?? who uses micro? nobody.. so if you lost that cable its really hard to get and you cant charge it (phone )through a computer so its useless.. This slot is useful just to connect the computer to a PC.. Attention ; The charger is a different slot.

5. No 3.5mm jack.. so you cant connect your normal headphones you have to connect the nokia ones or use an adapter..

6.No Auto lock keypad.. You have to manually lock the keypad every time .

7.No battery warning signal.. There is no absolute sing of the battery telling you its going to finish.. No red line , no sound (MO), no screen message.. (SE) , no nothing.. you just go to sleep and wake up the phone has been with no battery since you who knows... you put it in your pocket go out.. check it a 2 am .. absolutely dead.. with no warning..

8. No MAPS,..

9. No searching songs or artist title through the numbers keyboard .. so stupid.. you have a thousand songs and you have to scroll allll the way down .. wouldn't it be quicker to just press the 1st letter??

10.Cant send SMS from the phonebook menu.. Im sorry but this is really retarded, you see the options of a contact on the phonebook list and theres 10 options but no "send sms" option.

So prepare to go to SMS menu and then not even scroll but ADD new recipient.. i mean **bleep**??

The rest is pretty decent.. nice sound , quality of images, interface, speed...

But nokia please!! cant you release a software update at least??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: NOKIA 5610- 10 PROBLEMS!

12-Jan-2008 11:37 PM
d12south wrote:
Hello everybody this is my first post. I have a Nokia 5610 I bought 1 month ago and I want to describe the main dis advantages I can see in this phone.. Please comment if you own one with your opinions on what to do. help, or anything to add...

1. No SECURITY , you cant make the phone ask you for security code when you turn the phone.. This is a major flaw considering ALL my previous cell phones had this.. So if they steal your phone or someone wants to use it there is no barriers.. Really bad.

2. No InCall timer. This is amazing from nokia how can they release a phone that does not have the option of showing how long you've been talking??? This is really bad, you can choose "call resume" function which shows you the time at the end of the call but its not the same.

3. NO FLASH as LIGHT! what is this?? I mean how come it has such a great light to be used as flash and you cant use it as flashlight?? how many times you are in a dark situation? I was used to take out my phone and spare some light. (keys, dark stairs, ect.. even shooting video at night.) Well.. not possible.

4.MICRO USB .. Why??? why didint you just stay with miniUSB?? Why micro?? who uses micro? nobody.. so if you lost that cable its really hard to get and you cant charge it (phone )through a computer so its useless.. This slot is useful just to connect the computer to a PC.. Attention ; The charger is a different slot.

5. No 3.5mm jack.. so you cant connect your normal headphones you have to connect the nokia ones or use an adapter..

7.No battery warning signal.. There is no absolute sing of the battery telling you its going to finish.. No red line , no sound (MO), no screen message.. (SE) , no nothing.. you just go to sleep and wake up the phone has been with no battery since you who knows... you put it in your pocket go out.. check it a 2 am .. absolutely dead.. with no warning..

8. No MAPS,..

9. No searching songs or artist title through the numbers keyboard .. so stupid.. you have a thousand songs and you have to scroll allll the way down .. wouldn't it be quicker to just press the 1st letter??

10.Cant send SMS from the phonebook menu.. Im sorry but this is really retarded, you see the options of a contact on the phonebook list and theres 10 options but no "send sms" option.

So prepare to go to SMS menu and then not even scroll but ADD new recipient.. i mean **bleep**??

The rest is pretty decent.. nice sound , quality of images, interface, speed...

But nokia please!! cant you release a software update at least??

1) You can, you need to set a PIN number in the settings of the phone.

3) I know how you feel mate, i'm trying to get my 6120c's flash working as a light, tried every program but it still flashes.

7) My 6120c always makes a noise when the battery is low, not sure if it's the same for S40 phones but it should so it looks like a bug or maybe Nokia made it that way :smileysad:

8) Well, Only Nokia S60 phones atm can have the ability to have maps, S40 is too basic for maps unfortuantely.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

Thanks..

by the way i should remove reason number 1.. cause I found the security guard option which blocks the keypad when you turn the phone on and only removes the lock by introducing the number code..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
apter

3) I agree, this is a well missed feature - and I used to use it all the time on my Samsung E900. Maybe Nokia will upgrade the firmware to accommodate this option?

6) Auto lock Keypad can be enabled by:
Settings > Automatic Keyguard > On > Select how many seconds until Auto Keyguard is activated (it can be instant)

7) I do get a red line warning me when my battery is low - but I've forgotten whether is gives out an audio warning. I'll see what happens when it next runs out of battery and get back to you.

10) You can send an SMS through the phonebook by clicking the contacts name, then pressing the middle button (play/pause), then selecting options, then selecting "Send Message".

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi, i read your post.

1st, about the security, mine is ok.. i tried to turn on the security keyguard and it was ok.

2nd, the auto keypad lock is also ok. just turn o the automatic keyguard on.

3rd, i see summary of my call durations after every call. :smileyhappy: wheter outgoing or incoming. :smileyhappy:

4th, there's battery warning signals [flashes message, clicking sound, and battery bar. doesnt really go red but you can determine if the bat is low already.]

5th i can send sms through fonebuk. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

Hi there,

As an ex-user of Nokia 5610 ME..

My Reply: This feature is available at the Settings menu which you can change the setting of security.. there's 2 option there, if i'm not mistaken..It requires u to insert the securit code.. and for changes of sim card, it do requires the security phone unlock code.. maybe u might mislook the function there.. :smileyhappy: check it out..

My Reply: Correct me if i'm wrong, do u mean "Call Duration Timer?" If yes, then as the same judgement as above, you might mislook the function which you may edit settings on the "Call Setting"..

My Reply: Ohh yea.. this could be a fair bid to nokia and consumer then.. there's a reason which why nokia doesn't provide the flash light, although 5610 user knew tht its' flash are bright enuff to shine a darkness.. AS consumer, we have the right to choose which is the phone which suits our lifestyle.. hence, for all future buyer on mobile, make a survey on needs and not trend.. coz it will ends up in unsatisfaction like me though.. :smileyhappy:

My Reply: haha... Gosh .. charging through PC is an added advantage.. and i would compliments u a cheers for this comments on Nokia.. Yea.. charging through mobile via USB is a useful features which do think all mobile should have.. Thumbs up !

My Reply: I'm partly lost here..

My Reply: This feature is available at the Settings menu which you can turns on the Automatic Security Keypad.. Your phone will be locked whenever you shut downs the slide..

8. No MAPS,..

My Reply: Ouch.. My fellow bro or sis.. this is the reason as we can see the technology and Nokia always comes out with a New..New..New.. mobile.. the technology never ends.. As mentioned earlier.. Nokia packages its' theme and concept or personality for each phone.. This Nokia 5610 is meant for music lover.. which there's fast key for any music turn on/of.. and its speaker.. As for consumer, we hv to knows wut we want and wut is the budget of any purchase.. Nokia comes out with quite of models which can cope with the consumer needs as of:-GPS; N95 8Gb, Navigator or etc..

My Reply: Haven't been though this..

My Reply: Correct me if i'm wrong, do u mean tht through contacts, u would like to send a SMS..? If is, then u might miss a step tht makes u think tht u can't send any SMS though contacts.. I'll list down a few step below;-
1. Go to Contacts or press the "down" key
2. Choose any of your Pals name / number
3. Press on the name selected
4. You'll see your pal's name and number at the full screen
5. Press again the menu/ option
6. You'll see the list of option, "Send Message"

*** For an ex user of Nokia 5610, My main concern is their conponent as off the left/right slide radio on/off button .. In software, there's no issue for me.. nmw, advise as a user, purchase the right phone which caters your personality and needs.. It will gives u the positive bout Nokia technology..

Anyway, no offence on posting.. All the best to Explore the Music Life.. Cheers..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
hey guys .....concerning the in call timer..i serached for the call duration timer that u said about but i couldn't find it anywhere ....if any one knows how to turn on the in call timer please post the whole path as how to do it ...and one more thing ....when i close the slider the menu option stays open ...is there any way by which i can exit the menu and lock the phone when i close the slider ....

Message Edited by mad_max on 09-Apr-2008 04:32 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joejazzjoe

i know this is really late..

but anyways...the reason for the flash not being able to be used as a torch is because its a xenon flash and therefore the LED's used arent designed to be on for more than a second or else they will burn. so ye...there made for a quick flash, not prolonged use.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

D12 howdy,

Number 2 is quite surprising, i can see a few big phone bills creeping in there.

Number 4. There is a fix with micro usb or usb-micro, what ever its called. Theres adapters/convertors that turn mini usb cables to usb micro.... saves buying new accessories. Have a look here as they have the USB mini to USB micro adapters

The rest as you say, its a good phone. I like it, it looks phat.
Please use plain text.