Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA 6288: clock as wallpaper

NOKIA 6288: clock as wallpaper

I would like a clock, FULL SCREEN on my phone. Does anyone know how or where I can download one.I think it would be a wallpaper.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Re: NOKIA 6288: clock as wallpaper

Actually, it is a screensaver.You can enable it by going to Menu>Settings>Display>Screensaver>Screen Savers>then pick Analogue Clock.I'm not totally sure if this screensaver is available on your N6288.

Good Luck:smileyhappy:

thank you but I know about the screensaver. it does not stay though, and I want a wallpaper that is there all the time. i.e: if I wake up at night and want to see the time.(I cannot see without glasses!)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

[ Edited ]
I found this application at the Nokia Software Market:

Explode Clock Red Wallpaper:

CLICK HERE

I think its the kind of software that you're definitely lookin' for.It's not a freeware so it will cost you 3.00EUR purchase fee.Anyway, its worth buying it.

:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by nj15 on 13-Sep-200706:26 PM

Thank you very much, it sounds just perfect.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

No problem, it's a pleasure to help you.

:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately after ordering this product, the download failed. It seems the file is not able to be downloaded onto my phone. This is strange as my phone is a new 3G phone with all the bells and whistles.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

If you have been unable to download your application or you haven't received a download link to get your java application please go to this link.

http://www.softwaremarket.nokia.com/?customerserviceReDownload.html&uaid=20&lang=en

I'm pretty sure that the application will work on your phone.

Good Luck:smileyhappy:

I have got he same problem, I cant seem to make the clock big so I can read it when the phone is on sleep mode or actually even whilst using the phone. hence looking for a screensaver or theme and none of them use real time eg set the clock, time format etc. This is ridiculous all my past Nokias you could change the font and set the clock as your screensaver. Every theme I download from any site it comes up with 1 or more elements invalid.
Please use plain text.
Sage

There are lots of free large flash animated digital and animated clocks for Nokia and other phones available for free download on the internet. Apparently by the rules of this forum, I am not permitted to post direct links to ANY such sites here but anyone who knows how to use google can search for "mobile phone flash clock downloads" and find hundreds of great clocks of all types.
Currently using 6300 & 6233 (backup)
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
And I would add that these clocks will keep show your Nokia's system time as long as your phone supports flashlite 2.0 or higher. The 6300 supports flashlight 2.0. I don't know about the other models discussed here.

If your phone supports flashlite 2.0, all you need to do is download the flash clock or clocks you like and use it with any theme you like, just set it as your wallpaper if you want it to be the idle screen display, or your screensaver if you want it to come up after that. If you want it to stay on all the time, I believe you will have to disable power save and sleep, to keep the phone from shutting off the screen saver.

I like to have long battery life so I just use a nice big digital clock (that is so big you could read it from across the room without glasses) as a wallpaper and whenever I need to check the time, I simply press the D pad and the screen lights up and the clock updates itself to the current time within a second or so. The clock I use is a nice big black and white clean simple digital "flip" clock, that emulates the old paper digital clocks that flipped a card to change the time. The benefit of this type of clock on the phone is that you can actually see when the clock flips to change time so you know immediately when it has updated itself and is displaying the current time after you activate the display.

Anyway, there are lots of great large easy to read free clocks available out there and Nokia is really to be faulted for not including a few more large and legible clocks preloaded into their phones for consumers to choose from.

Just remember you need to check the specs on your phone and make sure it supports flashlite 2.0 or higher. I tell you, to get this feature on a Nokia phone was reason enough for me to upgrade to a new 6300.

Message Edited by mongatu on 05-Nov-200705:09 PM

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
HI thanks, but I have tried most sites and again anyone with a Nokia 6288 will know that these themes do not work and for some reason due to the flash player on these phones. Also each time you change your theme the ringtones also change to default, in other words they do not hold their memory. Also the only theme that did work was called green clock and it does not let you format the actual time. Do I need to update my flash player on the model of phone if so how do I do that any suggestions.

Moderator note: link removed. The site mentioned offers links to cracked/pirated software and so we cannot allow links to it from here. Sorry.

Message Edited by michaels on 05-Nov-2007 08:53 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
Ok, again, I don't know about the flashlite version supported on your phone and I don't think, (but am not sure) it can be updated by anyone but Nokia (unless perhaps your phone has the S60 OS, but I only know about S40 as that is what I use). Anyway, I don't think that is something Nokia does, after all, they want you to have to buy a new phone to get new features. They mostly just fix bugs and sometimes give slight enhancements with firmware updates.

Second, in order to get a clock on a phone that supports flashlite 2.0, it is not necessary to change any themes. The way you describe themes working on your phone is normal. Themes are kind of a pain in the butt, imo. Themes change everything everytime you change to a different theme. They have a ringtone preset in them or they default to the Nokia tune. So you don't want to keep changing themes because it creates a lot of more work to keep manually having to change the screensaver, ringtone, wallpaper etc. everytime you change a theme.

What I did is find one theme I basically like to stick with and then customize it by changing: the ringtone, the screensaver, the wallpaper, quite easily. As long as you don't change themes again, those settings will stick. So you need to find a theme that works on your phone that you like.

The flash clocks I was talking about are NOT themes. They are just files that can be used as a screensaver or wallpaper along with any theme, on a phone that supports flashlite 2.0 or higher. So try to find a clock that will run as a screensaver on your phone. If flashlite 2.0 isn't supported on your phone, I think you may be out of luck for any of the good ones. They wouldn't run on my Nokia 6233.

As I said before, I though it was well worth spending about $220 to get a new Nokia 6300 which has a magnificent display and supports all those flash clocks quite nicely. Also, despite the many criticisms one hears on these forums about various problems with the 6300, my experience has been different. I find it to be a really nice phone running firmware v. 5.5. They have really improved the S40 OS in many ways over the version in my prior phone (the 6233, also running the latest firmware), imo. Although the 6233 clearly offers certain advantages over the 6300, such as, e.g., better sound, longer battery life, and one of the best keypads I have ever seen on a mobile phone. But no phone is perfect. I really like the style (slim stainless steel case), features and especially the display on the 6300 and don't miss the somewhat better audio and longer battery life on the 6233 that much. Having a big beautiful digital clock as a screensaver is really nice. The 6233 makes a nice backup phone for me now.

Message Edited by mongatu on 06-Nov-200709:09 AM

Message Edited by mongatu on 06-Nov-200709:19 AM

Please use plain text.

HI, and thanks for the detailed reply. I can tell you that with a Nokia 6288 it was part of a promotion with Vodafone/Nokia less than a year ago. Hence the phone has only Flashplayer 1.1, can this be changed or something downloaded.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

have you tried nokia software market. they may have the kind of thing your after. its worth a try. sorry if you've tried it already
Please use plain text.