Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA 6300 phone memory

NOKIA 6300 phone memory

i just bought my n6300 a few weeks ago and started to move all my contacts to this new one.

my problem is that it prompts that i my memory is full and i have to delete some files. i cant even send a message 15kb. when i check my phone memory i have used 33% of it. and i have transferred all files to my memory card.

can anyone help me pls. thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Re: NOKIA 6300 phone memory

Though your phone shows you have memory the phone allocates memory for contacts, messages, images etc.The memory allocated to contacts must have become full and hence you get a "memory full".
If you have too many contacts better to keep it memory card.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

[ Edited ]
You can't keep contacts on a memory card with a series 40 phone like the 6300.

I believe that specs say up to 1000 contacts for this model, but that figure will vary depending on the amount of information stored, if each contact is just a name and number you'll have a chance of getting near that maximum but if each contact has more than one number (home, work, mobile...), e-mail addresses etc., then they will be larger files and use more space.

If you have pictures in contacts, that will also zap much more memory. If you format a picture to the 240x320 screen size, it will make the contact between 15 and 20Kb typically, rather than 1 or 2.

There is a separate memory status check for contacts: Menu>Contacts>Settings>Memory status>Phone. This will tell you how much of the contact memory is used and free.

Message Edited by mccbleue on 11-Apr-2008 08:26 AM
Please use plain text.

thanks for the reply...

if you say that for instance in contacts i have at least 3 or more information on each contact it would increase the memory usage? so how come it still say i used only 33%?

next is i only have 6 inbox messages and for the 7th message it would ask me to delete msgs...

is there a problem with my phone?

tnxs! need your expertise on this.. thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i am also having the same problem when i receive more than 5 messages it is showing memory full, i cant even change the memory to memory card for messages.....plz i need ur help on this one
i want to save all my messages into memory card..plz help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've looked but haven't found a similar procedure for checking the calendar memory. That's the one that's always running out for me.

I know it doesn't share the contact memory, since my contact memory usage fluctuates around 50% even as the calendar memory fills up.

thanks, Robert
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have the 'full calendar memmory' problem, even though I have a very unfull 2 GB card in the phone. Any help would be much appreciated.
Please use plain text.

I too had this problem and trawled right through this thread looking for answers. It seems this phone has a tiny phone memory of 7.5mb (most phones have 20 or 30 mb). Thus we have these stupid system folders (unable to be deleted) totally incapable of storing anything more than a few kilobytes. This is a major flaw with this phone and I wish I didn't buy it now.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Sorry for the long story.
I like 6300 cause its the best on it size for now and I don't want to go any bigger. 6300 is limited to 1000 entries in your contact file. I have a program in my 6300 called memory up and it tells me that my system ram is 2,097,152B i think thats about 2048Kb or 2Mb. Falls short for some new programs and games. Anyways, in able to recieve bigger files using bluetooth, I had my rom increased by having a shop erased some pre-installed files: themes, tones, clipart, frames, wallpapers and screensaver. Even with no themes and sounds left, there is a built-in on 6300 and I just installed the ones I like in the card. Later, I also used MobiMB which I learned here, it can access some preinstalled files and erase them.

For my calendar which I have a lot of entries, I just constantly back it up and synchronize it with my pc using the suite. That means saving old ones and future plans in PC and load only what is needed.
For messages that needs to be saved, transfer to your card using cut and paste or using your pc.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

edit: for messages that needs to be saved, transfer to your notes using cut and paste.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

this phone is a total disappointment to me

IF I CAN INSERT A MEMORY CARD OF 2 GB,

IT IS NOT UP TO NOKIA TO TELL HOW MUCH CONTACTS I CAN SAVE IN THIS BLOODY PHONE

- it does NOT save ANYTHING USEFULL on the memory card

- the voice dialing has NO learning ability. It is a infamous laughter and totally unusable

- the music playback is very elementary and spartan

i would NEVER buy anything from nokia in future

how is it possible to make such a **bleep** phone !

Message Edited by johan56 on 15-Aug-2009 10:25 PM
Message Edited by johan56 on 15-Aug-2009 10:29 PM
Please use plain text.