Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

NOKIA 8800 CARBON ARTE

NOKIA 8800 CARBON ARTE

Hello, I would like to ask what is the ESN number on the Nokia 8800 Carbon arte ? Is it possible to fake this number ? What kind of manufacturers warranty is included ? 1 year warranty ?

Thank you for the answers.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: NOKIA 8800 CARBON ARTE

Any number can be faked in a cloned phone and Chinese manufacturers do so on a regular basis.

The length of the guarantee varies from one country to another. Within the European Union it's 2 years. In most other places it's 1 year. Accessories such as batteries, chargers etc. are usually only guaranteed 6 months.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

is it possible that NOKIA in EUROPE cant find imei number of original nokia from CHINA ???

Or if the NOKIA Europe doesnt find IMEI in their system that means that NOKIA is FAKE ??

Thank you for info !
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I'm not sure what you mean here, but here are two basic facts you need to bear in mind:

1) Nokia does have manufacturing plants in the PRC.

A Nokia phone with a "Made in China" label is therefore not necessarily a fake.

2) Chinese cloners are perfectly capable of finding an IMEI number of a Finnish-made Nokia.

They can then build a counterfeit phone with that IMEI number, and it doesn't even have to be the IMEI number of a phone of the same model as that being cloned. I've seen cases of cloned 8800s with the IMEI of a 6233 for example. They can also stick labels saying "Made in Finland" in the battery compartment.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

So maybe you can say what is the main difference between fake one and Original NOKIA 8800 Carbon arte, or similar phone ?
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Without getting your hands on the phone it's hard to tell. That's why it's important to see a photo of the actual phone for sale rather than stock photos from Nokia's site.

Also read this post:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=20

Registered Member

hi, I am going to gy Nokia 8800 Carbon Art, I found one item in ebay which is complately cheap and it seems fake one, can you tell me it is fake or original , I am putting the link here, and waiting your reply as soon as possible

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130344595386&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]
It's a fake.

"ATTENTION : NOKIA PC SUITE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PHONE, BUT YOU CAN STILL ACCESS TO YOUR 4GB MEMORY THROUGH YOUR USB CABLE USING YOUR COMPUTER."

PC Suite is compatible with a genuine 8800. The only reason this phone is not compatible with PC Suite is because it's not a Nokia phone.

Plus the too-good-to-be true price of $199 is a dead giveaway. The 8800 Carbon Arte is normally worth around $1500.

The photos that are not blurry look genuine enough, but there's nothing to guarantee that you'll get the phone that's actually in those photos.

If you buy this phone, the seller will disappear off the face of the earth as soon as they receive your money and you will not be able to get your money back when you realize that you've been sold a fake Nokia.
Message Edited by grschinon on 18-Nov-2009 11:02 AM

Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

Good sound advice !

Please follow it !!

Nokia Lumia 1020
iphone 5s16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Registered Member

hi,

i've been fooled by selling a fake nokia 8800 carbon arte i had seen one (genuine) few days ago in my friends hand and a lady came to me and just sold me one for £200 it is so much copied that i could'nt find any difference in their appearence overall..now i just want to get an advice from you people..i have already got my mobile insurance on n96 so if i just register this one will it be alright ? coz i cant c my £200 quid just drowning

Registered Member

hi,

i've been fooled by selling a fake nokia 8800 carbon arte i had seen one (genuine) few days ago in my friends hand and a lady came to me and just sold me one for £200 it is so much copied that i could'nt find any difference in their appearence overall..now i just want to get an advice from you people..i have already got my mobile insurance on n96 so if i just register this one will it be alright ? coz i cant c my £200 quid just drowning