Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA 8800-VOICEMAIL NUMBER!

Registered Member

NOKIA 8800-VOICEMAIL NUMBER!

how can i change my voice mailbox number..i know its in settings but when i select it ...i get a message stating not allowed?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
viper

Re: NOKIA 8800-VOICEMAIL NUMBER!

Menu > Messages > Voice Messages > Voicemail box/mailbox number
Blackberry Bold
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem as listed above.

When I try to change the mailbox number using the menu you listed, I also get the "Not Allowed" message. And it is no good to restart the device.

My phone is a brand new 6125.

/nonty
Tonny Madsen
My phone is just a tool.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Is it an operator locked/branded device, perhaps? In other words, it may be that the operator has restricted the voice mail number to go to their service only.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Could be yes, but that is not the case.

As it happens, I pressed "1" to access my voice mail and found that my operator (TDC in DK) had not set the voice mail number. I added "+45" (prefix for DK) and started looking for the number. As I couldn't find it, I just pressed "OK" with the intention to enter the correct number later.

But... now I have the correct number and the menu item where the number should be changed is greyed out and I cannot change the number.

It could be some sort of network lock (I guess), but my phone is not SIM locked or anything similar.

I just hoped that there was some way around this, so I would not have to involve the second-line support of TDC - first-line support does not know what to do...

/tonny
Tonny Madsen
My phone is just a tool.
Please use plain text.