Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA CARE SHOP- KODESHO STREET; IKEJA-LAGOS STATE...

Accepted Solution

NOKIA CARE SHOP- KODESHO STREET; IKEJA-LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA

[ Edited ]

NOKIA CARE SHOP- KODESHO STREET; IKEJA-LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA

MY DETAILS:
 WORK #: 2682043
 MAINTENANCE RECEIPT #: 45374
 NAME: ADEWUYA **bleep**
 RECEIVED DATE: 18/07/09
 RECEIVED TIME: 10:53
 FAULT DESCRIPTION: BLANK DISPLAY
 MOBILE MODEL: 5000

NOKIA 5000
 NEON BLUE
 EGSM 900/1800
 ITEM:002F4T9
 CE0434

Hello,
I am making a complaint in respect of the uninspiring customer services displayed at the above mentioned Nokia Care Shop of yours.

BACKGROUND:
 I bought my Nokia 5000 phone from Peace Tidings Ventures (PVT ); Computer Village – Ikeja on 12TH March 2009.
 I noticed that the screen colour/contrasts do flickers but thought it was part of the design so did not bother.
 However, when it now got bad to the point that I cannot see the data on the screen again I decided to browse through he Nokia website (www.nokia.com) to see what can be done as the phone is clearly still under warranty.
 I took same phone to the above mentioned Nokia Care shop on Saturday; July 18, 2009 where I was told I have to come back after 10 days
 I went back there on the 11th day (Wednesday; July 29TH, 2009) where a Customer Service officer (CSO) told me it’s being worked on and that I am to come back on Saturday August 01ST, 2009.
 On August 1ST, another CSO told me it’s not ready and asked if I was called or not. Then advised I check back on Tuesday.
 On Tuesday, August 04TH, 2009, I got back to the same office only to be told that network is down as such I should come back again the next day (Wednesday).
 I placed a telephone call to the CS of the shop on 01-741-1542 on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 and was told that network is still down. The lady that answered claimed I should have called in the morning when there was network as if I work with them and would know when network is up or down.
 I just finished calling the same number now and the voice on the other end claims there is still no network as at 14.49GMT (1.49PM Nigerian Time).
 Can somebody explain to me why network problem is now my problem and I would have to be the one bearing the blame?

THE ISSUES:
1. I find it amazing that it would take 10 days to work on a phone and rectify it. Customer service (CS) is all about personalized satisfaction so the possible arguments of too many phones to work on; inadequate skilled technicians; outdated technology; etc excuses would not hold water in a CS world.
2. The Nokia care shop volunteered 10 days, which I agreed to and thought my pains would be over by the 10th day. If the phone is not ready on the 9th day, courtesy demands that a simple text message to my GSM # +234-702-814-1894 to inform me not to bother coming on the 10th day would have been quite helpful
3. This would have spared me the loss of man hours; fuel; energy and money wasted on the 3 unfruitful journeys so far
4. Having come around for the 10th day appointment; the CSO should have been more helpful rather than saying I should come back this date or that date.
5. For some of us that do not have spare GSM phones, not being able to use my line for 3 weeks running is killing. Imagine what I could have lost so far.
6. All above did not matter to me as the attitude of the CSOs today (Tuesday) when the issue of Network problem came up.
7. I personally witnessed not less than 3 dissatisfied; angry customers at the shop today (i.e. Tuesday, August 4). One threatened (however futile) to institute a legal action, another (elderly) calmly restrained himself and rather tongue lashed the CSOs on their attitude.

MY POSITION:
 Truly it’s not the fault of the CSOs that the network was down but if you see these CSOs laughing; shrugging and behaving in an ‘I don’t care’ manner when customer’s were complaining and getting agitated, then you would understand why I am really sad and disappointed.
 One CSO told me to come back tomorrow (Wednesday) and my question to her was – do you realizes I have to leave my office to come down here, don’t you think it’s better if there is a back up to your network issues or a way you can check if my phone is ready for collection or not.
 I still cannot understand how or why it would take 3 full weeks to repair a faulty Nokia 5000. In terms of opportunity cost to me; I lost a lot.
 I know Nokia is a major name; as such the company may not care how its image is treated but customer service issues are important to the long term survival of any firm no matter how popular now.
 Where a network/connectivity issue persists; is it not expedient to back up the system or provide other alternatives for customers to confirm if their work is ready or not. Now its looking like I am being held hostage.
 I would have preferred a situation where the names/phone numbers of all those that came during the network down time to have been collected with a promise of giving them all a call once the network is restored. This would have calmed nerves and decongest the lobby faster.
 Above all when things are not going well, sympathize and reassure the aggrieved customer because you may find yourself in their shoes tomorrow.
 Counting the costs in terms of the number of days; fuel I burnt to- and- fro my home/office to Ikeja; having to leave office early to get to Ikeja on time; wasted man hours; missed calls, I am wondering whether what I have lost in 3 weeks is not more than the total cost of the phone itself (N15,000.00)

My position above is being sent to you not to victimize anyone but rather that you improve on your services generally. I just hope you would understand how I feel as I have not been able to really put it down in writing.

It is interesting to note that I wrote this mail on Tuesday, August 04, 2009. I decided against sending it until now to see if the situation would have changed by the next day but as you can see; Wednesday and Thursday have proved same.

UPDATE:
Today, Friday, August 07, 2009 would be 21 days since I submitted this phone for warranty repair. I called the Nokia Care line now at 2.52PM (Nigerian Time) and I am being told that its still not ready. Obviously I would have to go and get a spare. Its really amazing that it can take 21 days to repai a N15,000.00 phone.

Thank you.

**bleep** Adewuya

Removed personal email address and IMEI number from this post.

Message Edited by jeremiahn on 07-Aug-2009 05:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: NOKIA CARE SHOP- KODESHO STREET; IKEJA-LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA

hey mate, sorry to hear about your phone. this is a user to user forum. you can use the 'contact us' button to let nokia know your disconent. but here on the boards its users like yourself and me trying to assist other users with various mostly software issues
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

hello,
just want to let you know that this problem has been solved barely 1 hour after sending the inital post.
my appreciation to the Nokia Care shop staffers for their action.
thank you all
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xristaneo

Hi all. Does the Nokia Care Centre in Ikeja open on public holidays like May 1, worker's day?
Please use plain text.
ade111

Good Day,

I am making a complain of how unjustly i was treated in the above Nokia care center.  I have a Nokia E5 which has not lasted two month saying PHONE SET-UP FAILED CONTACT RETAILER.  On submitting the phone for repairs on the 1st of june, i was told to come back on the 7th of June which i did but i was told on getting there on the said date i will be charged N6000 because the problem was from LIQUID INTRUSION. I know by all means and from findings from Nokia discussion that this is a Software problem from Nokia.  Thousands of us that are unlucky to ve bought this serie of Nokia know what we are going thru with the phone.

I feel very cheated and unhappy for your care centre to have given me a false information to obtain money from me as it is software fault. i hope this is replied so as to know how to go about the whole thing and i dont want to fall for the hoax.

Thank you

I have a Nokia E5  which i bought two months ago which says Phone start-up failed contact retailer and believing the warranty say a year

Please use plain text.
Contributor
inno1234

[ Edited ]

Hi, ade111 this has happend once to my nokia e71 when i realized that i had interrupted the phone start up so i belive this might be akin to what happend to your beloved nokia e5 so cheers if tried and no positive result fell free to contact me for more suggestful solutions like i stated above this should help.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Edited: Contact information removed.

Please be informed that personal/contact information are not allowed to be posted in this forum for your privacy and security reasons.

Please use plain text.
muktar

[ Edited ]

Compliment

I have a Nokia N9 but the battery has spoiled please I can I have one in your office at my own expense. thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You should be able to get the battery replaced by contacting your local Nokia Care Point. To locate your local care point, use the following link.

www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deji

Hi,

i have a nokia e7 phone having a problem with the usb port broken abd i cant make a repair around my versinity,i a looking forward  make this complain for 3 dys now i cant do nothing with the phone,how do i go about it  

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

deji wrote:

Hi,

i have a nokia e7 phone having a problem with the usb port broken abd i cant make a repair around my versinity,i a looking forward  make this complain for 3 dys now i cant do nothing with the phone,how do i go about it  

For some regions, some network provider offers loan phone service to their customers. This usually happens if the phone is in contract with them and it needs to be away for an assessment and repair. You can check with your provider if they have this. If not, the only option is to send the device for repair at the repair facility.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
strains

Good day Pals..... My Lumia 720 screen just broke on impact barely hours ago. I live in Nigeria and would like to get info on what it will take to repair this at the Nokia Care centre at Ikeja,Lagos as I'm currently out of town and can't visit them at the moment. Please, any rough estimate about pricing, modalities and how long it'll take them to repair the phone will be much appreciated. NB: The touch still works perfectly at all points, its just the glass cover that's cracked.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ossniper

I submit my nokia lumia 520 since 2 month at nokia care center for LCD  repair and i had been going to their office almost everyweek at ikeja. all they kept saying isthe phone is not available. can't they swap it or find solution. please i need help. and i dont know what to do right now.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

Hi strains,

Just to verify, do you still require assistance on your repair concern? If yes, repair cost & duration can be determined by the result of the assessment. 

Hi Ossniper,

We understand where you are coming from. Swap or replacement of phones will depend on assessment of the phone. Have you contacted your local Nokia Support team about this matter? You can contact them here: http://www.nokia.com/ng-en/support/contact/ 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.