Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

No PIN for Bluetooth headset for Nokia 6021

No PIN for Bluetooth headset for Nokia 6021

Can't seem to pair my old headset with a replacement model 6021 because I don't have a PIN. Anyone know a workaround other than buy a new Bluetooth headset?!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: No PIN for Bluetooth headset for Nokia 6021

Hi bsimpo

I am sure that you have tried the obvious "0000"

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.

I have tried some of the more obvious PINs including 0000 but with no success. Thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.

hi there, have you resolved as I now have this issue and cannot find my instructions with the PIN on it!

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
talj

To help you, could you please specify the following:

Model of the bluetooth headset.
Check differences in firmware of your 6021.

Also, with your previous Nokia 6021, did you pair your headset without using a pin?

On various headsets there are ways to "reset" the settings, by pressing a few buttons together for a number of seconds for example.

Have you tried pairing with a different bluetooth headset?

There is also a limited ammount of devices the phone can pair with, make sure you have room to pair the bluetooth headset.

Waiting to hear from you,
TalJ
I own a 5210, 5140 and now..the new 3250. Symbian 60 Series OS 3.0 ..just the best.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I too had this issue with a Nokia headset because the PIN code was printed on the cover of the manual which I had lost.

I eventually found the code on a label in the battery compartment. It wasn't an obvious code either.

Worth a try?
Please use plain text.
Sage
talj

Hey,

Sure, give it a try - couldn't hurt the phone...? or am I missing something?

You could also try customer support of the bluetooth headset, and ask them for a pin.

All the best,
TalJ
I own a 5210, 5140 and now..the new 3250. Symbian 60 Series OS 3.0 ..just the best.
Please use plain text.