Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 101 Dual Sim Issues and Problems.

Counsellor

Nokia 101 Dual Sim Issues and Problems.

I have been experiencing auto restart with my Nokia 101. I had it serviced at Nokia Care center but it still restarts. They reflashed the firmware but it is of the same firmware version 6.25. Hope Nokia comes out with a new firmware version and a fix to this issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

Re: Nokia 101 Dual Sim Issues and Problems.

i experienced my phone auto-restarted once but my problem is that

im encountering no sim card in sim1. My sims are new and i already tried to swap them but still encountering  no sim card in sim1. my firmware version is 6.25. my colleague with nokia 101 also experiencing no sim card. both of his sims were new when he bought the phone. his globe sim inserted on sim1 stopped functioning using that phone but not sure what's the reason though. when he replaced his broken sim, he still experiencing it. 

what are the alternatives when claiming the warranty?

can i have my money back or change the phone with other model?

mine is just two weeks old and im not sure if this can be fixed in a service center.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello. You can't change the phone because it has been two weeks with you already. Depending with the store you bought, you can have it replaced if it is still 7 days depending on their policy of 7 days replacement and 1 year warranty with Nokia Care. It is still under warranty so you can go to Nokia Care to have it serviced. They would re-flash your firmware. If it still has problems, they would replace the board and maybe LCD to a new one but we have to wait a maximum of 8 working days. They can't replace it with another unit thou. Hope this information helps. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

ok thanks. first i thought, its just because of my sims so i tried to troubleshoot it myselft(switched sims,cleaned the terminals,...) but when i found out it was too late.
btw, hope they can fix it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rel_ffur

Same thing happening with my phone (N-101) mine is a combination of restarting at the most inappropriate times (trying to send an SMS)  & SIM 1 slot sometimes showing "Insert SIM Card", what more can I wish for?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

is there a solution to this right now? i didn't have time to go to the service center. im experiencing frequent no sim card today. 11 times starting this morning. also, like rel_ffur said, sometimes it restart when you try to send sms.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

ok 12 times and still counting i think
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

13 times! hell yeah!!! im tired of restarting...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

more than 20 times yesterday. once this morning. i don't want to restart again. what is the solution for this? how many days will i wait if im going to bring it to service center? is there a service item if i can't get it within a day? the service center is too far from my location and it's not cheap travelling there plus it's time consuming. i can only afford this kind of phone :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rel_ffur

Nokia SOFTWARE ENGINEERS! Don't you think it's time for a FIRMWARE UPDATE?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rel_ffur

This issue is not happening with my C2-03, and to think that N101 is the entry level with less features, I am very afraid of the newer dual-SIMS coming out.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

i went to the service center yesterday. they told me that there is no firmware update. i just wasted my time and money.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
glenn0228

this a waste even though its a cheap phone but it still a waste it always restarts and sim suddenly out of signal **bleep** is this i thought this phone was a good but coz i been looking for a affordable that has MP3 and a dual sim with 3.5mm audio jack CHINA phones is more better than this NOKIA 101 cant refund the money i wasted in this PHONE if only i read this issues first wouldn't buy this my first choice was samsung but i was blinded by the 3.5mm audio jack now its a **bleep** services center only flash the divice but still it restart even though the divice will be replaced its hopeless to the point that this PHONE will still auto restart or even worst cant read the sim please NOKIA resolved this PROBLEM give us good service i hope this will get fixed 

Please use plain text.
tanduayice

[ Edited ]
which ncc?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
king_shahrul

[ Edited ]

My problem was with the texting. Sometimes the phone cant received the msg. I can send it out. but in sent items shows pending. However the receiver got the msg. When this problem occurred. I cant received any msg. Both line is active with signal more than 3 bars. I need to put the simcard to another phone. Then all the msg comes in. Tried with dozen of simcard. Same result. Call however not effected when the problem occurred. Sometime when im waiting for any important msg. I need to test send to my own no to check if there was any problem with it or not. If does, i somehow need to find a spare phone to swap the sim to get the msg. Right after all msg received, then i can put it back to the N101. It will be ok for few days or sometimes hours only. Im frustrated with this problem! This problem somehow same with NX1-01. I used it before n hope that Nokia rectified this matter with this N101 but same thing happen. I liked this entry level phone as it can filter any unwanted call n msg via screened numbers function. But with this kind of problem makes me mad! Not to mention the auto loud speaker and the restart problem. Is there any solution for this matter?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

You have to try to reset the phone to factory default I'd tell, but you'll lose maybe everything from your phone.
Second, you could try to clear you SIMs from static electricity and/or dust/dirt.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
j3iky

its because the sim signals are pulling each other theres a conflict on the signal.. if you have a 3g phone of a smartphone example nokia 6630 when this loses signal it restarts so.. try using 1 simcard and observe ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

Any firmware update yet? I bought a new phone that i could use instead of my nokia101 and im glad i'm not having problems like with 101 plus it's cheaper and has a very good battery life. I haven't sold my nokia until now. i'm hoping that nokia would release firmware update so i could use it again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi!
confirmed today nccs from qc, north edsa to be specific has the .65 fw update.
cheers!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
makoydgreat

nokia software engineers are really not using their coconuts... always suggesting to have the firmware updated, change motherboards and for that customers suffer for 8 days minimum without a phone... how stupid customer service is that?? i purchased a nokia 101.. having auto restart issues,when in fact i shouldn't have bought a nokia phone anymore... i gave nokia 1 last chance by buying this phone... gave me 1 hell of a disappointment..my phone is just 15 minutes old...  15 MINUTES!!! it was already restarting automatically.world record for the lousiest phone ever!! now this phone is 2 days old. i want to get my money back and you can eat this piece of **bleep** you call a phone!! i've had it with you guys!! worthless pile of cow dung!!! and here's the answer to this issue.... http://tipidpchosting.com/viewtopic.php?tid=20662... read it.. have you engineers upgrade their brains if they even have any!! i've never heard of a phone who doesnt take 128k sim card... damn lame!! samsung e1080f is much more dependable than you n-series phones!!! AMF!!!! 

Please use plain text.