Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 101 Dual Sim Issues and Problems.

Advisor
chooz_mee

Re: Nokia 101 Dual Sim Issues and Problems.

"In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that based on our resources, there are no available software update for the Nokia 101. " -Nokia Careline (Monday, January 16, 2012 2:08 AM) Jetttt, are you kidding? I'm glad i didn't go to the service center quickly. I should have wasted my time and money again. I think nokia won't release a firmware upgrade for N-101. It's hopeless to wait. I won't buy any nokia again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i was there this morning for an update brother.

cheers! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

vn 6.65 on n101, working well :smileyhappy: bugs fixed!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
syaz_one01

jettt..whice srvce cnte u go??i face same prob laa..choii~
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chooz_mee

Nokia Careline emailed me and confirmed that 6.65 version firmware for n101 is now available to sm pampanga branch. thanks...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

sm north edsa.
i also called several nccs including g3 in makati they also have it there.
i guess all nccs in mm has it.

cheers!
Please use plain text.
heffeque

I just bought a Nokia 101 through an internet site. It came with 6.25 firmware with no Spanish in it (no problem in my case, I actually prefer it in English than in Spanish).

The 6.25 firmware isn't working very well, so I took it to the Nokia Care Center in my city (Salamanca, Spain) and they sent it to wherever (Madrid, I guess) because they didn't have the hardware to be able update de firmware.

It came back a week later with the 6.25 firmware with Spanish language support. I really couldn't care less about it being in Spanish or not. What I want it is to work properly.

Why didn't they update it to 6.65? What a waste of time.

I'm leaving to Fortaleza (Brazil) in a few days and I'm planning to stay there indefinitely.

They don't sell the Nokia 101 in Brazil . Should I take it to a Nokia Care center anyways just in case they can update it?

Please use plain text.
LondonLondon

I'm in the UK and also have a 101 with v6.25 software installed from new. I thought there was a later v6.65 available for it (according to this forum discussion) but Nokia Support assure me that for my hardware device serial, v6.25 is the latest. That suggests they may have solved the crashing problem with a hardware update.

I only have one UK SIM card fitted but when I fit a 2nd SIM in Brazil (yes I'm also planning to use my 101 in Brazil), I half expect to suffer the crashing problem described by others in this forum thread several months ago. Or maybe I won't. The solution for me may be to switch off the UK SIM card when I use the 101 in Brazil and just use the local TIM SIM card.

Please use plain text.
LondonLondon

For info, here's the model info printed on a sticker inside the back of my 101:

--------------------------
  Model: 101  Type: RM-769
  Code: 059K1V4
  IME 1: 359740/04/245096/3
  IME 2: 359740/04/245097/1
--------------------------

As I said previously, Nokia Support advise that for my model Code, v6.25 is the latest software. That may be true for your model too. v6.65 is for an earlier hardware model.

Please use plain text.
irhyme_21

Hi to all users of this forum

i also have experienced the restart issue on my nokia 101 i bought mine last sunday Mar-25-2012.. at first, things were ok. then the next day, i was texting heavily and the phone suddenly dimmed......then died....all my call logs were gone. and it happenned to me a couple of times already. i had it replaced the ff day and tried it at home, after a few tries, the shut down issue is still iminent.

i have read that the software for philippine users ( dont know if it applies to all) is version 6.65 i had the same firmware. but why does it still restart? i appreciate if someone can explain to me what needs to be done since this is the first time i encountered an issue with my unit

thanks

irhyme_21

Please use plain text.
LondonLondon

I assume you are in the Philippines and your 101 has v6.65 of the software installed. If this is correct and it still crashes, the only option open to you is to take it back from where you bought it and tell them it is "unfit for purpose" and demand a full refund. Local laws applicable.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mhaeyagene

how will u know ur nokia version??? tnx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

On the main screen type *#0000#
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
justjohn

Is there any where in the UK I can purchase a reliable dual sim model (Nokia of course).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fairozburose

my phone is security code.. i gave the correct number to my phone but then too its showing code error??
i don't what is the best solution for this?
can any one of you answer the solution for thiis
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Leave the phone without entering the code for 5 minutes then try again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
glLskie

[ Edited ]

my sister gave me a nokia 101 just last monday and its firmware version is v07.20

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
h0rhe

please, confirm this. :smileysad:(
Please use plain text.
samoborac

I can confirm this.
V07.20 30-03-12
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Any problem with the V07.20 Version? Please share if there are any. Thank you.
Please use plain text.