Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 101 Sim card error modifying sim contacts

jdayee

Nokia 101 Sim card error modifying sim contacts

[ Edited ]

just got the nokia 101, seems like a nice phone but already running into problems.

I am only using one sim card by the way.

When I try and edit, modify or delete contacts on the sim card it says "Sim Card Error".
I did manage at one point to get it to apparently delete contacts not getting any errors messages but the contacts were still there.

What gives?

Firmware 6.65 

The sim card dates back to 2005-06, has been used in multiple phones and I have never encountered this problem.

Please use plain text.
Dangbro

Re: Nokia 101 Sim card error modifying sim contacts

I have exactly the same problem. Two sim cards, can not edit, delete or add new contacts on either sim card. I have tried switching sim slot, tried only one sim at a time etc, nothing works. Also worth noting that the reset code *#7780# does not work. The phone is two days old.

As they previous poster said "what gives?"

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Hi both,

If you have an old SIM-card, please go to your operator and ask for a new one. If the issue persists and you have tried using the instructions in the user guide, peage 15, and the issue is still there, please take it to the retailer or local Nokia Care point

Hope this helps!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Dangbro

First of all *#7780# and *#7370# codes do not work on this phone. If you enter them nothing happens. I have already done a factory reset from inside the menu and it did not work.

Second of all there is no USB port so I don't know we are expected to back up or reinstall using the Nokia Suite.

Third of all, what do you consider old for a sim card. Is one year old, two years, one month? What difference does it make, please elaborate.

Please use plain text.
jdayee

soft reset in the parameters menu does not resolve problem,
the *#7780# and *#7370# codes do not work. Nothing happens.

I just called my operator, they are sending me a new sim card, and I should have it in 5 days ... my phone will be disconnected till I get my the new sim card apparently....

I really want to like this phone, despite it's various bugs and not so well thought out menu planning, but this experience is not turning out well.
My first Nokia .... I hope it won't be my last, as if this problem isn't resolved with new sim I will sadly return the phone to the store.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Yes sorry I made a human error, I mixed the device to C1-01. Hope you guys get the issue resolved and the device working as it should.

jdayee said his SIM-card is 6 years old, that I would consider as an old SIM. Few months or 1 year is not old, but SIM-cards can sometimes be faulty as well.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Dangbro

There is no chance that I have two fautly sim cards, considering they were working in previous phones. It is not likely that I will get it resolved since no one at nokia can offer any advice that works other than "take it to a care center". The problem is not unique to our handsets, I have read other examples of this. It is a pain to have to take a three day old phone to a care center. I have also spoken directly to someone from support at nokia, they also didn't know how to reolve the problem.

In short, nobody has a clue. That won't do.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

If you think the device is faulty, and you have already done all you can to resolve the issue, that unfortunately leaves only 2 options: To take it to Care point or to the retailer and see what they think.

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Dangbro

i don't think the device is faulty. I think the operating system itself is faulty. I have just tried both sim cards in the nokia C1 phone. Everything works as it should, deleteing contacts etc. I think that the Nokia 101 can not read and edit sim cards properly. Is there anyway this can be escalated to higher powers?

Please use plain text.