Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 105 sim card issue ..!!!

Alshaya

Nokia 105 sim card issue ..!!!

I cannot use my phone. I am not getting any calls through to it either. And i I tried many other sim cards and all of it doesn't work.!!
I even tried to turn it off and reopen it again and i but it in general mode too but still the same!! Is it possible that its a locked phone or something? Any ideas how to get it fixed i just got the phone and its new :crying:
Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

[ Edited ]

Hello, Alshaya.

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions.

We appreciate your effort posting in this forum. Is it only happening to a phone call? How about text message? Were you able to make a phone call and send SMS? Where and when did you purchase your phone? Where are you currently located? What error message are you getting? Do you have a stable signal?

Having said that you have tried using multiple SIM cards, are those SIM card works on a different phone? Try to reboot your phone by going to Menu > Settings > Restore factory settings > Restore. Then, enter your security code. 

Let us know the outcome.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Alshaya

1) I cant call or text message.
2) No I'm not able to make phone call or text message
3) I had purchased it from saudi arabia before two weeks from now.
4) I'm now located in US Pennsylvania
5) when i try to call someone its says " Emergency calls only " and when send text message its says " message sending failed"
6) theres no signal sign just the bridge sign
7) yes the sim card worked perfectly in other phones
8) restored it but still the same !!

I wish you can help with this issue
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Alshaya wrote:
I'm now located in US Pennsylvania

Your phone does not support the frequencies in the USA because you have a Dual-Band phone on 900/1800 MHz. You would need a phone which supports 1900 MHz, and even better 850 MHz as well.

Please use plain text.
Alshaya

So the only way is to buy a new phone !!
Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

Hello, Alshaya.

Thank you for your response. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.