Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 110 Discussions Thread

Sage
carlee12

Nokia 110 Discussions Thread

Hey guys I just created this thread to give you tips and answer some questions of yours about this phone.

Updating the Phone(FOTA only/New Software is 3.33):
Menu>Settings>Device>Device Updates>Download Phone Software>Options>Create Back Up(Wait for back up to be finished[Needs External Memory])>Install Now.

Controlling Volume of Java Applications:
Menu>Applications>My Apps>Options>Look for App. Settings>App Tones>Select On>Press End Call Button(Exit)>Menu>My Music>Music Player>Just Press Up or Down to Control the volume>Launch Your App.

Invalid Application after of the Update (Nokia Browser/although the Internet icon on menu is there but it didn't responding):
Menu>Store>Go to Search Field on bottom Look for Opera Mini>Download the said app(You need to signed in or Create New One Instead If you don't have an Account)>Launch The App>Wait for the Installation to be done>Go to Url type this address on the text field download.browser.ovi.com>After the page loaded click the Download>Choose Open>After to be downloaded Launch the app. It can also now accessible to your menu. | When you turn off the phone Sometimes you need to launch the app where it can be located practically in the My Apps Folder before you can access it in the Menu.

(For Question, Just comment.)
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Black and Yellow Tint on Image while Capturing in Low Light:
I just discovered this simple steps to remove or reduced that Problem also this solution is to bring good quality to your image. Let's do this. (First of all don't expect any Good Image from this phone)
Menu>Settings>Display>Wallpaper>Open Camera[Eventhough it's takes too long to captured but it is in jpeg format not in .nrw then that's it (the problem here no delete options you have to go on My Photos before you do that)|You can also compare it using the Dedicated Camera App and that Option.

Restart Problem:
I just reposting this opinion. Make your Phone Memory at least 5MB and don't put any Applications on Shortcut like in Homescreen and Go to(Left Key)
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

My Request Updates for my Nokia 110,
-Brightness Adjuster
-Proxy and Port Support
-When Pressing the End Call Button the Packet Data should be close just like old Nokia Phones or Packet Data should close Automatically like Nokia 2700 when not Receiving and Sending Data(Third Party App)
-If Nokia can do,(I know they can since the BT Version of this handset is 2.1) Slam feature and the Nokia Xpress Browser(why this phone is still with ovi/nokia browser it slow)
-Flash Support I'm not pointing out streaming but to support .swf format cauze most of the themes in Nokia Store and Zedge has Flash Wallpaper. And the homescreen is only Blank/Black since it won't supporting.

Sincerly and Thanking,
Me
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Updating Nokia Browser from 2.2 to 2.3

Using Nokia Browser visit this URL http://download.browser.ovi.com then Install (I don't know why, Using Opera and UC it's displaying v2.2 only)
[On my first update it saying Certificate not on Phone or Sim but in Overmorrow i'll re-install it again and it works]

Details/Feature.

- New Logo and New Name (Nokia Xpress Browser)
- Access to your Location
- Going to Start Page has been Optimize
- Secure Connection
- Improved faster Browsing

In my opinion, I think that there is nothing change the update is so basic.
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

How to Record on Radio.

Menu>My Music>Radio(Plug the Bundled headset, it will serve as your Antenna)>Record/Ok Button.

*Some Regions don't have an Option for FM Recording for some reasons.(Middle East Asia, Asia Minor and some parts of the world)

How to Claimed the 40 Electronic Arts Games.

Menu>Applications>Games>Look for games gift if you don't find it.
Go to My Apps Instead. If still didn't you find it. (If you find the app go to **)
Update you're Phone's Version and that Update will bring the games gift App (Proceed to my First Post about Updating you're phone) then After you update and Set-up you're phone specially the connection Settings. Go to Games then it should be there or it can be seen on you're homescreen too.

**Go to App.Terms and Conditions will pop up. And that's it. (You still need to login using a Nokia Account)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

glad to hear that you're so enthusiastic and enjoying your Nokia 110, I bought one last week and its quite a nifty little phone :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Thanks. Loving this phone but I love Nokia 206 more. I'm planning to sell this phone and buy 206 :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

you read my mind, sadly the 206 isn't readily available for sale in my region, so would have to import it / buy from online retailer. 206 is quite a looker actually :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

You want also 206?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

I collect all sorts of Nokia phones, so I want all ideally :smileyvery-happy:. But the 206 was quite a striker when it was announced and the design caught my eye.
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Since you have Nokia 110. I want you to update this thread for me regarding on this phone. Can you do it? Thank You T.T
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Edsoni

My nokia 110 is getting used up. I only have 4MB phone memory. Even when I make a hard and soft reset I cannot get my 13.2MB lost memory. Since nokia 110 has no cable connection to PC, how can I flash it manually? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheDonsta

My Nokia 110 has no audible noises...
eg: the alarm wont 'ring', incoming calls don't 'ring', yet the volume control appears to be set and functioning properly.
I may have inadvertently altered a setting, yet all seems ok?
I dropped the phone earlier...have done countless times...have I damaged the 'ringer' function?
It is fully charged.
I have never updated the software. Im not techno-minded btw :smileysad:

Please...any help gratefully accepted.
Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheDonsta

Oh...I did turn off...remove and replace battery & sim and turn on...didn't even get the 'Nokia' start-up music..
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheDonsta

Re: Nokia 110 Discussions Thread - LOST ALL SOUND!

Can't believe so many folks have 'viewed' these posts and yet not one suggestion???
Hasn't anyone got any ideas?

This is a major issue for me...I rely on the timers, alarms etc to set numerous medication schedules (approx 8-10 times per day) amongst other things.
Without an operating (audible) "alarm" I am going to have problems keeping track.

Why is the only notification of any event a flashing screen?
I cannot even set the phone to vibrate in the absence of 'sound/ringers'.

Surely someone can offer some insight?
Please?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheDonsta

Re: Nokia 110 : LOST ALL HOPE FOR HELP

Well...amazed and overwhelmed I must say.
Glad Ive ditched the phone and wont be needing to return for "help"....
What a hopeless set-up this is...
Thanks for nothing folks :smileywink:
Please use plain text.