Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 1200-Message sending failed

editor

Nokia 1200-Message sending failed

My Nokia 1200 is not sending texts. When I push 'send' the note: "Message sending failed" pops up immediately. Pls if anyone knows how to fix this problem I'll be eternally greatful!!! TY.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia 1200-Message sending failed

I presume this is a new phone. If it is then you have to set the Message centre number for your network. Network settings can be ordered from the Settings tab on the support page from your local Nokia website. The settings will be sent by sms to your phone after you order it and all you have to do is to open the sms and install.

Please use plain text.
Sage
flomar

[ Edited ]
Hi,

i'm encountering the same problem on my Nokia 1200 (Type: RH-99) bought in Austria in January 2008. It is a great phone - everything i expect from a mobile!
However, suddenly the phone shows me the message "Message sending failed" when i want to send a text message. I could not find any other problem.

Of course i did some research, i tried to use another SIM-Card from a different provider, exact same error. I tried to follow the advise from 'cjlim' to order the networksettings from (my local) Nokiapage.
I tried this from my local one: http://www.nokia.at/A4266257
→ it does not have my model listed (started with N2600)
I tried it from the european page: http://europe.nokia.com/A4577224
→ it says it does not have software for my type
i also know this thread Re: Manual for 1200 says you have to set a message center number in order to be able to text.
fact is, there is no such option in N1200 and it worked befor with a new mobile without any settings to be made.

thank you in advance for any hint!
yours,
Flo

Message Edited by flomar on 26-May-2008 07:16 PM
Please use plain text.
editor

Hi, I called our NZ Nokia helpline and the guy I spoke to said that he has no clue why it's not sending messages. So he advised me to go and get it fixed somewhere else. Hmmmm, not very helpful and I wouldn't wanna pay for a repair that'll cost me equal or more than the cost of this phone so I bought another Nokia but different model and gave the 'non texting' 1200 to my mum who doesn't know or doesn't like to txt. If anyone knows of a way to get the txt's working I'm still all ears.
Thanks and good day.
Please use plain text.
Sage
flomar

Thanks for your quick reply!
Sad to here, i dont want to pay for the repair either for the same reason (no guarantee because i lost the bill..).
im using my old 3310 again, still works perfectly :smileywink:
i really liked the 1200, but if this is a production failure and nobody knows how to fix this issue, im not going to buy this phone again.

Flo
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Delete all messages in the outbox and inbox folder...

works like magic
Please use plain text.
Sage
flomar

23-Jun-2008 10:20 AM
karumbeta wrote:
Delete all messages in the outbox and inbox folder...

works like magic

Genius :smileywink:

it really worked like magic! problem solved. Thank you karumbeta!

Unfortunately i already bought a new mobile :/

Flo
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks- that worked perfectly.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Had the same problem.

Just try wiping the sim card with a clean bit of cloth. Works a treat

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

same problem thx your a genius
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umer12345

I have Nokia 1200. I have a problem. When the memory of phone become full and i delete messages. then message not sent from the phone. I get a solution by myself that i restart the phone the message sent. But i am in tension bcz it can be harmful for the cell phone. Please help me out

Please use plain text.
Sage
flomar

Hey,

why should restarting be harmfull for your phone? Have you tried going to outbox and resending them after you deleted some older messages?

Florian

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bobbili

Hi,

Try this way and chk it out. It may work.

1. Make sure message centre no is correct according to your state (AP,TN whatever if it is in    INDIA)  and as per service provider (vodafone or airtel etc).

2. Delete all the messages in INBOX  and Sent Items.

3. Switch off the mobile and remove the SIM once and put it again and switch on and try it out.

Try one by one and chk it out. It worked for me. Faced the same issue.

Thanks,

Vasu

Please use plain text.
sagarsantra22

thanx it worked.
Please use plain text.