Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 1208 Security Code

Contributor

Nokia 1208 Security Code

I have just bought a 1208 and like everyone else am baffled why there is so little info in the User guide. I know the factory security code is 12345, but how do I change this to one of my own and what should I do to activate it? Also can anyone tell me how to lock the keypad to prevent accidental dialling?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 1208 Security Code

[ Edited ]
Change your security codes
--------------------------
GO to Settings >> Security settings >> Change Access Codes >> Change Security Code .

Here type the default code 12345 for the first time and then enter your required code twice

Keypad Lock
------------
Go to Settings >> Phone Settings >>Keyguard settings

Select Automatic Keyguard and Choose ON. Now set the delay time after which your phone is to be locked(Normal 00:10 which locks keypad after 10 seconds of inactivity at the standby screen). To unlock press Menu and * without interval.

Giving password to Keylock
Select Keyguard code
Here enter your current security code(which will be your keypad unlock code). Then select OK.
Hereafter the keypad lock will be protected with your security code.

===============================================================
For more 1208 support feel free to call me

Anish krishnan

Moderator note - removed phone number (unwise to post personal contact info)

Message Edited by romanov on 25-Aug-2008 01:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Not sure about the security code but to lock the keypad click the key under menu option and the * key and you should be OK :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
imkami

Hi! I am using nokia 1208,and I forget my security code,now what is the way to change it,

and m also using nokia 6120 classic,somebody change its phone code,and i dont know that what is the code,so what is the way to remove old code and change it.

anishk177 wrote:
Change your security codes
GO to Settings >> Security settings >> Change Access Codes >> Change Security Code .

Here type the default code 12345 for the first time and then enter your required code twice

Keypad Lock
------------

Select Automatic Keyguard and Choose ON. Now set the delay time after which your phone is to be locked(Normal 00:10 which locks keypad after 10 seconds of inactivity at the standby screen). To unlock press Menu and * without interval.

Giving password to Keylock
Select Keyguard code
Here enter your current security code(which will be your keypad unlock code). Then select OK.
Hereafter the keypad lock will be protected with your security code.

===============================================================
For more 1208 support feel free to call me

Anish krishnan

Moderator note - removed phone number (unwise to post personal contact info)

Message Edited by romanov on 25-Aug-2008 01:30 PM

code and I don't know what is the code of it,kindly tell me the way to unlock it.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If you changed it and can't remember it, you need to get it reset at your local Nokia Care Point. Remember to bring proof of [urchase with you.

Please use plain text.
mehsums1

Re: Nokia 1203 Security Code

HELLO N I WANT ASK U ABT MY NOKIA 1203 MY FRND LOCK SECURITY CODE BT HE FORGET AND CELL PHONE IS DRIVE ONLY I CHANG MY CODE BT IT IS NT DOING PLZZZZZ     TELL ME HOW CAN I CHANG THIS IS NT DAFUALT PLZZZZZ    IM WAIT UR ANS 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 1203 Security Code

First of all..Pl. use plain simple English for posting your query..

As far as your problem is concerned.. you can get the Security Code reset to the default (12345) at Nokia Care.. and thats the only way you can do that..

You tend to lose your data if back-up is not kept...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charlita

[ Edited ]

i forgot my security code ,

Moderators notes: Personal information removed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As already mentioned above ( and so many times on this Forum) there is NO way other than getting it reset to the default 12345 thru' Nokia Care . A proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) may be asked ..

Please use plain text.