Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 1650 security code set by network operator?

Accepted Solution

Nokia 1650 security code set by network operator?

I own a (SIM-locked) Nokia 1650. Recently, after having turned off my phone for several days, it suddenly started asking me for the security code. I have never set such a code myself and I am absolutely sure, nobody else has set this code. The standard code 12345 failed, neither worked 0000 or anything alike.

The nokia care point close to my place told me that they cannot do anything about the matter, they have to send the phone to Nokia, and resetting the code'll cost me > 80 € (my mobile is worth much less...).

Now I read in one of the sticky posts, that sometimes the network operator actually might have set a security code. This is the only explanation I have. The other, extremely unlikely explanation is that when I had the phone in my pocket, the keyboard got unlocked and by mistake a security code was set (which I honestly cannot believe).

Is there any way to find out WHEN the security code was set? Because if I knew that the security code was set BEFORE I even bought the phone myself I actually could then proof that it's not my fault and get a new mobile phone.Or is there anything else I could do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Nokia 1650 security code set by network operator?

If your network operator did set the security code then it will be printed somewhere in the literature you received along with it or maybe on the box. In any case, you should ask the operator if they can send it to you again if you no longer have the packaging and/or printed documentation. If they can't help then you might as well get a new phone SIM-free. The 1650 is very inexpensive and certainly not worth spending over 80€ on getting the code reset. You can probably find one new for roughly 30€.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
saharaphoto

nokia 1650 security code forgot me

Please use plain text.
saharaphoto

I forget security code of Nokia 1650 model
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
xxxmeow13xxx

Hi saharaphoto,

I would like to inform you that the default security code for Nokia phones is 12345 unless you have previously changed it. If you have forgotten your modified security code, we recommend that you bring your Nokia 1650 to the nearest Nokia Care Point in  your area. You may locate the nearest centre in  your area by clicking on the following link:

http://www.nokia.co.in/support/repair-and-recycle/care-center-locator

Regards,

xxxmeow13xxx

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Further to xxxmeow13xxxModerator 's post.. you may need to carry the proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice)...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayandalozha

I forgot my security code for nokia 1650, type RM-305.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
a_roy20

Same problem happened with my mom's 1650 mobile just a while ago, entering 12345 worked.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
3333code

i forget my security code of nokia 1650.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

As stated upon numerous occasions, you need to visit Nokia Care facility with proof of purchase for lock code to be returned to factory default of 12345.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.