Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 1800 security problems

Registered Member
oman

Nokia 1800 security problems

Hi

I bought a Nokia 1800 to replace a lost phone and i decided to put a security code on it to deter anyone who found the phone from keeping it.

I tested the pin code by entering it in wrong 3 times and then entering the puk code correctly. I was then prompted for a new pin code which i entered and upon confirming the code i received a "code error" message. Try as i might to enter in other codes nothing would work and after many tries the sim card was "burned" and is now useless.

How are you meant to utilse the security on this phone? Is there anyway of having a code which will lock the phone no matter what sim card is inserted?

thanks

orfeo

Please use plain text.
Contributor
John99

Re: Nokia 1800 security problems

No one else answered, so I thought I would add a comment.

Are such services and security details at least partly dependent on the SIM you use and in turn on who the service provider is.

A phone may be sold with the intention of it being used with a particular service provider, and the SIM not being changed. I think I recollect a UK provider at one time supergluing the SIM into the phone. I supect therfore you would be more likely to get an answer from the Company providing the Celphone service.

Unless of course your phone was bought brand new from Nokia, and advertised for use on any network.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nomangul

[ Edited ]

hi

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nomangul

I have nokia 1800 but my set put puk code so please help me thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You will have to contact your Operator (Service Provider) for that...

Please use plain text.