Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 206 / basic nokia phone

Counsellor
noddy1222

Nokia 206 / basic nokia phone

Hello am wondering if someone can give me some advice.

I see the Nokia 206 was to be released in Dec 2012 UK, but I can't seem to find it in any retailers nor online. The online ones are in Far East but I want a UK version. The given release date has already passed.

Or is this model not to be released in UK? I have seen Carphone Warehouse got it on their website but its on T mobile, I need an unlocked one or one on O2.

Apart from this model is there another model that is a basic phone with a 1-9 keypad, access the internet, (non-touch screen) and if it has a wifi then that would be a bonus I know the 206 doesn't.

I want to find an equivalent to replace my Nokia E52 which does have wifi, but the mini usb ports on them are useless and break very easily, hence I want a Nokia with a traditional pin charging port.

Phones nowadays are an absolute joke and gimmicky, they turning in to mini laptops - not what phones are designed for.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you tried contacting your local Nokia Care and asking them about availability?: http://nokia.com/support They may be able to point you in the right direction.

Unfortunately, i believe that there is no other Asha devices that are non touch-screen devices that have WiFi, the next step up from the Asha 205 and 206 is the touch-enabled Asha series of 305/306/308/309/310/311.

Unfortunately, those are the only options you have present to you mate.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

There is no local Nokia care centre.

Tried using the 0845 number the support page takes me to, its absolutely useless its only a technical fault reporting line and you need an imei number to put in the phone to speak to technical department - no good for sales or general information.

Surely there must be some form of information available for the release date of the phone in the UK??!

Also can the Nokia 2730 open multiple applications like the E52?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

noddy1222 wrote:

There is no local Nokia care centre.

Tried using the 0845 number the support page takes me to, its absolutely useless its only a technical fault reporting line and you need an imei number to put in the phone to speak to technical department - no good for sales or general information.

Surely there must be some form of information available for the release date of the phone in the UK??!

Also can the Nokia 2730 open multiple applications like the E52?

Cheers.

Hi noddy1222,

You may check the link below for the phone models that has been released in the UK. From there, you may also choose what type of deal you want (Pay monthly, Pay as you go and SIM free).

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/all-products/?action=catalogsearch&page=1

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bane1986

you can get an unlocked one from carphone warehouse. When you go to the website select > Mobile Phones > then sim free phones. It is available for £69.95.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

Ok this is weird.

The other day I viewed it on their website it was for £39.99 today its £70 for sim free and £80 for talkmobile or vodafone one!

I thought sim free would be more expensive than the network branded ones?

Also it doesnt appear to be on the Nokia UK site but it shows another branch has one nearby so I'll go there tommorow and see what they say.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bane1986

Just bought it from Carphone Warehouse today. They only had 2 in stock.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

How much u paid? Which one you got?

Can you use multiple applications? or do u have to close the one you are on to go to another / or main menu?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bane1986

Paid £69.95 for sim free, black colour. No you can't use multiple application. Yep you have to close one app to go to another one. I have whatsapp installed, that runs in the background though so is always on.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

Wow that is the same as the older nokias like c2-01, 6300 etc.

My Nokia e52 is better you can use multiple apps at once. Like FB you can have that running as well as whats app.

Does it have threaded sms/text messaging?

BTW have u got the single sim or dual sim version? How is the battery life?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bane1986

I think you can use Facebook and Whatsapp at the same time. I don't use facebook though so can't test that. Yes it has threaded sms. Got single sim version. I've only had the phone for one day so can't comment on battery life yet.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

[ Edited ]

wow that is smashing! Cant believe a basic phone finally with threaded sms - it makes it alot easier.

That is one thing I miss of not having a blackberry.

I shall try and get the shop to pull one out so I can have a demo on it.

Please let us know of the battery life if you can.

Am still shocked on the price, Nokia said it would be £40, in India they are selling for 3500rupess which is £42. In other asian countries and arabia prices vary between £40-£45!

I wonder why we are being charged £70 - unless £30 is going in all the different taxes we got!

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.