Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 206 dual sim - contact list is double. Miss...

peterstamov

Nokia 206 dual sim - contact list is double. Missing - Contacts Settings> Memory> in Use

NOKIA 206 - I have copied contacts from sim - contacts now lists every number twice - online help says to go to "settings>memory in use>" but I cannot find "memory in use" anywhere in settings!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 206 dual sim - contact list is double. Missing - Contacts Settings> Memory> in Use

Have you checked ...Menu-->Contacts-->Settings-->Memory in Use..?

Please use plain text.
peterstamov

Re: Nokia 206 dual sim - contact list is double. Missing - Contacts Settings> Memory> in Use

Yes I have checked. Is Missing - "Memory in Use". There have Menu-->Contacts-->More-->Settings - and noting to change witch memory to use.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Try to find memory in use in contacts.

If the option is not there, then remove the SIM card, turn on the phone, and if you are sure about all contacts are present in SIM card then go on and delete all phone memory contacts.

Now insert the sim back in and you will find all single contacts list. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
peterstamov

[ Edited ]

Yes of course it have been working all day like that. This is not a solution for me!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Ok.
Other way would be is to connect your phone via bluetooth to pc and open contacts using Nokia suite.
Now drag all the contacts from your phone to any folder, you'll see all double contacts with small rename like xyz(1).

Now you can delete the repeated contacts with "(1)" at the end of their name by simply searching (1) keyword in search box.

So now you have all contacts single in a folder.

Now you can delete all contacts in your phone confidently as you have copied all contacts to some pc folder.

Aftet you delete all contacts in your phone, copy back all contacts to your phone using nokia suite by simple drag anf drop.

Hope this will solve your problem. :smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
peterstamov

Unfortunately Nokia suite do not support Nokia 206!
I did it through another method but yet the contacts are  duplicated.

Your solution is the same like to delete sim contacts! This is not a solution for me!

This phone needs a software update to add this option "Memory in Use".

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Are you not able to delete phone contacts after removing the both sim cards?

Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

Hey,

thanks for the report. I'll see if we can reproduce the issue and whether there would be any workaround available... :smileytongue: (except not to store the contacts both in SIM and phone memory)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update (for X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

Just to update that based on a quick test the behaviour would seem common for all dual-SIM phones... :smileytongue: We'll probably create an error report about this. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update (for X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

armagon wrote:

Just to update that based on a quick test the behaviour would seem common for all dual-SIM phones... :smileytongue: We'll probably create an error report about this. 

The main point OP has is there is NO option to select 'Memory in Use' ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Xylon524

I am fuming the volume of this handset is terrible you can get it to go loud in music player but, ringtone is so low even with max settings. Needs an update and quickly
Please use plain text.

I agree that the missing option to select which memory to use for you contact list is a problem that I did not expect to find in a 2012 Nokia phone. :confused:

I have the same issue with annoying duplicates when using a single SIM card with Asha 200 (I just updated to the latest software).

Browsing through such a crowded contact list is very inconvenient because of the font, which is way too big even when set to the smallest size.

Deleting duplicates manually from phone memory is not a solution:

-  contacts on SIM cards have basic details and are limited to a number of characters

-  what happens when you're on the move and insert a new SIM card that doesn't have the contacts you need?

Deleting contacts from SIM card is not a solution either for users who may have to switch phones.

So please have this fixed asap.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

fowl wrote:

I agree that the missing option to select which memory to use for you contact list is a problem that I did not expect to find in a 2012 Nokia phone. :confused:

Deleting duplicates manually from phone memory is not a solution:

-  contacts on SIM cards have basic details and are limited to a number of characters

-  what happens when you're on the move and insert a new SIM card that doesn't have the contacts you need?

Deleting contacts from SIM card is not a solution either for users who may have to switch phones.

So please have this fixed asap.

Agreed ..

This is of more importance when the phone doesn't have compatibility with the Nokia Suite. Else, one can sync these contacts and delete all from the SIM so that there is always a back-up available ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mesnimi

Is this fixed? Seems i have same problem with my 515.

Please use plain text.