Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 206 no Whats app!

Counsellor
noddy1222

Nokia 206 no Whats app!

Bought the single sim version in UK today and it has no whats app! It is locked to 02 network could this be why?

By doing *#0000# it brings up the following

V03.58

RM-873

Does this version now have/support whats app? I thought only dual sims didnt have it?!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Nokia 206 no Whats app!

The phone supports WhatsApp. If it didn't came pre-installed on your phone, just head over to the following link and download it from there.

http://whatsapp.com/s40
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

[ Edited ]

The phone doesnt seem to allow use of multiple apps. Not even fb can be remained open in the background.

The scroll speed is also slow i.e. when going through contacts etc.

How do you increase this?

Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

Generally speaking background execution on Nokia Asha phones is possible only for a few special apps, like the preinstalled Music player, Whatsapp..

oh, and Whatsapp is currently indeed only available for the single-SIM version of the device. Same for all device models. Possibility to have it working on dual-SIM devices is being investigated. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

[ Edited ]

Downloaded whats app and when searching for a contact it seems to be too slow

Do you know how I can unlock the 206? It is currently locked to 02?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

If you scroll with the down/up key pressed, it will be slower and if you keep tapping the key, it will scroll faster.
Other than that, its how the phone functions. You can't modify the speed. But yeah keeping lesser contacts can help. Also remember to keep atleast 2-3MB of phone memory free at all times.

About Unlocking, that can only be done by O2. You need to ask them for the unlock code.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

Not neccessarily other places i.e. phone shops unlock calculators so on can do the job as well.

I have order an 8gb SD card. Will that help or do you mean of the phone memory it needs to be 2.3mb?

I wouldve thought it goes faster pressing it?

And the search function isnt that good as well. When you search for a name, if there is a number infront of the name then it wont pick it up. The e52 did pick it up.

Some things are lacking as usual with Nokia but they included threaded convos funnily enough lol yet no multiple apps!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noddy1222

I have noticed something quiety freaky dunno if anyone else has?

When I got it yesterday it had 3 bars of battery I didnt bother charging it. Then it dropped 2 bars last night and I charged it and it got back to 3 bars. Stopped charging used it - it went to 2 bars. After using it it went back to 3 bars itself :smileyfrustrated:

Today it was on 2 bars when I turned it on again. After a while it has gone upto 3 bars!

Lol strange...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
badoo

I clicked on the link but all i saw is : Sorry, your device is not
supported at the
moment. Make sure you
are using a web
browser on your Nokia
phone to view this page!
UA detected: