Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 206 or 301? Looking for the best battery...

scorpas
Accepted Solution

Nokia 206 or 301? Looking for the best battery life phone.

Hi.

So, I'm looking to buy a new phone and I need a simple phone with a good battery life.

Both Nokia 206 and Nokia 301 have solid baterry lifes on paper.

However, I have read a lot about Nokia 301 and almost everyone is complaining about its short battery life. 

On the other hand, looks like Nokia 206 has some problems too. Mostly mentioned is a bad call quality.

Updates were releases, but there still is a lot of complains.

So, should I buy one of these? Which one should I choose?

Maybe, there is other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 206 or 301? Looking for the best battery life phone.

Battery life can vary between handsets and also its down to use and network,the best thing you can do is decide what is best for your needs.You will always hear complaints more so than good reports.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor
plepleple

You may buy Nokia 301 dual SIM. This model hasn`t such problems with battery life as Nokia 301 single SIM. Fact is that Nokia 206 has bad call quality but you can understand what caller talks to you.J`ve had Nokia 206 and I`ve not complained. Which phone choose to depend on whether a phone will be use mostly for sending SMS or making phone calls.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your judgement does not justify the case here.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor
plepleple

I`m afraid scorpus but you`re off base when you state that both phones have long battery lives on paper. Nokia 206 do have very long battery life up to 7 days with intense use.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
explaciant

Nokia 301 has 3G and lasts me a week if I don't leave my data connection on for what's app. If the phone is set to GSM networks only the battery will last but 206 is cheaper. If you want a very simple cheap phone that lasts weeks then get a Nokia 105 , just know that it has no data connections... It just sending messages and makes calls, no facebook, no what's app and no WAP.
Please use plain text.
Professor
viewfelt

I am using Nokia 206.
I am facing no problem.
There was an update, which might have solved the problem.
Sent from my Nokia X running v1.2
Please use plain text.