Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 206 problems: battery, sms, ringtone

wery

Nokia 206 problems: battery, sms, ringtone

I just got this Nokia 206.. I thought it was Asha series as it has been referred to in th ads,... but anyways...  the design of this phone is great but some negative points not expected from Nokia..

1. When I put in the battery in the brand new phone., and turn the phone upside down, the battery fell down.. it used to stay snugly fit without back cover too.. but in this phone battery is fitting so loosely in it.. seriously if back cover gets loose in the long run as it gets with many phones, the battery will create loose contact..

2. Ringtone.. Any ringtone i put whether in ringing mode or ascending mode... it always rings in ascending mode... I want ringtone to start off loud.. as it happens in other nokia phones.. why on the earth is ascending same as ringing.. God only knows..

3. Third frustrating feature of SMS navigations.. even in a basic Rs. 800 cheapest Huawei phone, yo can see navigate between different SMS without going back to Inbox.. In Nokia s40 phones you cant... in this phone too you cant...

Samsung phones though not that in design as nokia, take care of every minute things as these.. they are more snappier...

Hope Nokia will will improve.. but seriously I am not happy with battery and Ringtone... these two are big let downs..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lawrence123

[ Edited ]

may be you got a faulty piece since i dont have any problems with the battery, it perfectly fits in, but my concern is different and that is my phone doesn't get connected to the pc via nokia suite it always shows not compatible.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

the Nokia 206 doesn't have a USB port, therefore firmware updates will be released over-the-air. you can go into the Settings and there will be an option there regardnig checking for updates, and you can download and install firmware updates from there.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JENIN

how many contacts can i save in the phone memory..???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

1000 contacts according to the official specifications here: http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/206/specifications/
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
wery

Lot of issues with this phone. Please dont buy it. I am already repenting

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jopalvh

I just bought 1 last night coz I was in a hurry, previous phone spoilt. Any way the sms was working fine but this morning all outgoing smses "Failed" but I van receive incoming sms. Any body knows what to do ? Tks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

jopalvh, is your SMSC correct?

Please use plain text.