Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 2630 - Key sequence to turn on Bluetooth?

Nokia 2630 - Key sequence to turn on Bluetooth?

I have a Nokia 2630 with a broken display. In order to salvage my phone numbers etc, I need to navigate blind to the "Bluetooth On or Off" setting and turn it to "on".

Please can anyone tell me the exact key sequence to do this from the switch-on screen so that I can do it blind. (The main menu is set up in list form.)

e.g. I think it starts something like "Centre button, down, down, down, centre" to get as far as the Settings menu (?). Then I need to get into "Connectivity", then into the "Bluetooth on or off" setting, and finally to change this to "on" and exit back out of the menus.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can save me!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 2630 - Key sequence to turn on Bluetooth?

on mine it is
center, left, center, down x6, center x3, up, center

but my main menu is a 3x3 grid, so getting to the settings menu is to the left. also, i usually have to press center twice the first time (once to wake up the phone, the second to actually enter the menu).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hey yeah i have the same problem i have a broken screen and it is hard to find an attachment to fit to the pc, pescky little thing any way i need to copy the contacts over but i cant see what im doing i can get the blue tooth to work well i can turn it on but how do i connect it to other phone and send it contacts/ or how do i add my contacts to sim card
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

How do I connect the phone with the pc?

I don't know what to do after turn on the bluetooth

Thx

Please use plain text.

thank you davens

for those who have the main menu in a list arrangement it is down x3 instead of left.

anyway, the next thing is to pair the device. assume that the key lock is not on and the code i give when PC Suite asks for it is 1111. what's next? i press the button on the computer and the phone beeps (i guess it asks for the same code). i tried pressing 1111 and center, 1111 and green button, 1111 and left, 1111 and right but they didn't work. the computer says error in pairing with the device.

Please use plain text.

ok, i found it out.

you have to press the center button a few times after you have entered the passcode as it keeps on asking for your permission for the different types of connections

Please use plain text.
oj1066

hi my names owen and i only recently got a mobile and its a nokia.i dont know how to turn bluetooth on but heres how far i get every time...i press selectand go to settings and then i dont know what to click from there.if anyone can give me step by step instructions then please help me...im new 2 the mobile world.thx in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Read the 2630 manual.

http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/product-support/nokia-2630/user-guides

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
endrebj

Thanks a lot! This really saved my day. Broke my display last night, and neeeded BT to sync it with Wammu. Strange how such things appear at Google when I need it. :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
enlarion

@davens thank you very much. it helps me to save important contacts. 

Please use plain text.