Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 2630 cable connection

Nokia 2630 cable connection

I have a Nokia 2630 and bought a USB cable to connect it to my pc, but Nokia PC Suite and Nokia Software Updater don't recognize it.
Is there a way to make it work?
When will Nokia software support Nokia 2630?
Thanks.

P.S. I've searched for discussions about this, but didn't find any.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia 2630 cable connection

Hi, the 2630 cannot connect to a pc via cable, the port on the bottom of the phone is for using an FBUS cable, which is a flashing cable that the nokia repair centres use.

This phone does have Bluetooth, so as long as your pc/laptop supports Bluetooth, you can connect the phone to pc suite via Bluetooth, but you won't be able to use nokia software updater, as you cannot update phone software via Bluetooth.

For more info, check out this link:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4484866

and if you go to the software tab, it shows pc suite listed there.
Please use plain text.

First of all, thanks for replying.

Does this mean that PC Suite and/or Software Updater will never support 2630 via cable?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Will it be able to connect to a PC via a data cable CA-42 (6030 kinds)?

Mobious/PX by http:\\www.logomanager.co.uk says it does support so waondering if PC suite also supports SMS backup?
Please use plain text.

Good question vege. I am wondering why Nokia moderator or advisor did not answer your question. If Mobious can provide driver for connecting 2630 to a PC as alnokit12 mentioned, why Nokia doesn't provide such a driver (included in the PC Suite). I think providing such a driver is not a big deal for Nokia. Or may be 2630 is for low end users, and need to buy a more "high end" type. Some other Nokia types provide both bluetooth and cable connections.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
concordia

Hi supria,

These forums are for user-to-user support only. You will not receive an official Nokia response here.

The moderators are only here to moderate and we will not be able to provide any assistance.

If you would like to hear from Nokia, you can use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page and then, select your country in the section "Call or Email Nokia Care".

Regards,
Concordia

~*~ New to Nokia Support Discussions? ~*~

You may want to have a look at the guidelines!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have just purchased such phone. I was absolutely amazed that this phone did not have a cable for connectivity.

Very disapointed with Nokia.

Please use plain text.