Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 2710c-2 (RM-586) FW 6.13 problems with sms s...

Contributor
albertzweistein

Nokia 2710c-2 (RM-586) FW 6.13 problems with sms settings menu and GPS settings menu

I bought recently 2710c-2 RM-586 Navigation edition just after its enter our country market from Nokia official dealer. The phone has a very fresh FW 6.13, but it seems not to be working well with sms settings - I discovered 2 issues:

1. According to English user manual page 17 section Message settings menu Messaging->More->Msg. settings->Text messages should
    Allow delivery reports, set up message centres for SMS and SMS mail,
    select the type of character support, and set up other preferences related to text
    messages.
    allow delivery reports, set up message centres for SMS and SMS mail,select the type of character support, and set up other preferences related to textmessages. My phone menu contains only Message centre, but nothing about reduced / extended character support or setting for saving Y/N sent sms messages. I know older phones like 6300 had such menus and I used those features. Using our local character set in sms through T9 may lead to incidently sending 2-3 times more linked sms due to limited Unicode sms size.
  2. When I'm in GPS menu Settings->General Settings the 1st option is Unit of measure. This option allows to rotate setting values by pushing navi key left-right Metric or Imperial units, but the word Metric or Imperial is not displayed besides marking <>. One has to push select and choose from radiobuttons to be sure what is selected. I haven't found other places in phone menu where this <> value selection rolling left-right doesn't work well.

Local Nokia support recommended me to wait for new firmware, but I'd like to help resolving this issue by reporting the errors to Nokia developers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
albertzweistein

Re: Nokia 2710c-2 (RM-586) FW 6.13 problems with sms settings menu and GPS settings menu

Today I updated FW to current version 6.22. The GPS menu issue was resolved (also some GPS menu icons had changed), however sms menu is without any changes -> still incomplete :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.
Alayo

Re: Nokia 2710c-2 (RM-586) FW 6.13 problems with sms settings menu and GPS settings menu

I bought nokia 2710c-2 navigation edition over a month now but couldnt down loads materials from the internet. And i purposely bought the phone because of down loading materials from net..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jayrjazz20

Removed post. PM sent to user.

We would like to inform you that we have removed your post as it contains your personal information (Email address). Please be advised that publishing personal contact information on a public web forum is restricted by the guidelines.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.