Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 2720 picture download

Terratalk

Nokia 2720 picture download

I'm a newbie so forgive my ignorance but I was told that I could download pictures from my 2720 phone to my computer.  I do not have email capability on the phone so I need to down load via cable or "Bluetooth" ... I'm not familiar with Bluetooth and the instruction book explains zip about any cable.  I do have a wireless Bekin to my laptop (running Vista).  Do I need to buy anything to use the Bluetooth technology and the PC download?  Any assistance would be welcome!

Please use plain text.
mda1938

Re: Nokia 2720 picture download

Have a  Nokia 2720 but cannot find a picture download cable to fit. any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Use Bluetooth.. If your PC is not having an in-built unit , buy a Bluetooth USB Dongle ( .. it looks like a small pendrive..) insert this dongle in the USB port on your PC.. acivate Bluetooth on the phone and there you go...

You will have to download the latest version of Nokia OVI Suite and install on your PC..

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/pc-suites/compatibility-and-download#

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

in addition to farby's note

aditional software is not very much necessary just to download picture.

Pair your phone with laptop, select picture, option, send, via bluetooth
You must accept the incoming file(message) on the other end(laptop)

Note : this process is not able to access or view phonebook, sms, etc in your phone, this is applicable for transferring files and internet connection(phone as a modem)
Please use plain text.
chedarcaveman

I think you are wasting your time trying to connect your 2720 to a computer. I have bought and tried both bluetooth and cable and can't get either to work hence my post above!

If you do get the thing working PLEASE let me know how you did it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
insmag

I have installed the Nokia PC Suite program and have a Cable adaptor CA-126 but when I connect the Nokia 2720 mobile telephone to my PC ts just shows a blue logo acknowledging

the connection. Clicking on that logo doesn´t do anything. What is the next next to download photos from the mobile phone? Normally the screen would open a  new computer file (A, B, D, D, E, F, G, H. I. etc.) showiing here to click on and download the photos.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

When the phone is connected to PC.. open the OVI Suite.. In that goto Sync-->Sync Now-->Photos..

BTW this will copy all the photos.. If you want a particulr photo only.. then in the Photo menu of OVI Suit click on the Phone Icon at the bottom and all photos in the phone will be displayed.. select the one you want to copy on the computer.. drag and drop in the 'Latest Images and Videos' folder in the upper window..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ooowally

To everone having problems with cables and bluetooth, there's a simple solution: get a USB SIM card reader.  Full access to everything on the card for $5 or less online.

http://www.amazon.com/Card-Reader-Memory-Cdma-Backup/dp/B00192PVNE

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ooowally wrote:

To everone having problems with cables and bluetooth, there's a simple solution: get a USB SIM card reader.  Full access to everything on the card for $5 or less online.

http://www.amazon.com/Card-Reader-Memory-Cdma-Backup/dp/B00192PVNE

...and How do you download pictures with a SIM Card readder ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pkw13

I’m also new to the NOKIA 2720 cell phone and the Bluetooth technology.  I found out that if I want to transfer photos from the cell phone to my computer I need to get a Bluetooth USB Dongle (costs less than $20). 

I have a PC with Windows XP SP 3.  The Bluetooth installation was simple; all necessary drivers were downloaded automatically from Microsoft.

I took a few photos with the NOKIA camera and attempted to send them to my computer (now equipped with Bluetooth).  Here are the steps I have taken:

OPEN GALLERY à IMAGES à SELECT AN IMAGE à SEND à VIA BLUETOOTH
The response I rec’d was :  Service not supported or can’t find Bluetooth device.

My next step was to click the Bluetooth icon on the PC and select

BLUETOOTH DEVICES à OPTIONS à

And set DISCOVERY OFF (un-check)
            CONNECTIONS

Allow Bluetooth devices to connect ON,
                 Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect ON

Next, I clicked on the Bluetooth icon and selected Receive a file

The message in the Window was    Waiting to receive… 

The I went back to the NOKIA phone and selected

OPEN GALLERY à IMAGES à SELECT AN IMAGE à SEND à VIA BLUETOOTH etc. etc.

The picture was sent to a default folder on the PC.

So it seems that it’s not enough to have Bluetooth on the PC, it must also be readied to Receive a file

I hope this helps.

Paul

Please use plain text.