Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 300 Frozen Touch Screen

jonmcc

Nokia 300 Frozen Touch Screen

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can offer any help or advice on a problem I have encountered with a Nokia 300?

The problem is that the screen seems to have completely frozen and as such the phone is now totally useless. I have tried all the usuall stuff like removing the battery etc but to no avail. All the more puzzling is that the keys seem to work fine,but as you need to swipe across the screen to unlock the phone these are also useless at present.

Really I suppose I have two questions -

1. Can anyone offer any advice on how to get the screen working?

2. If the screen remains unresponsive is it possible to unlock the phone by any other means? so that I can retrieve phone numbers etc that are saved to phone memory

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 300 Frozen Touch Screen

Try re install the latest software, if the keys are working type in *#7780# and reset device to factory settings.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
jonmcc

Thanks Jimmy but unfortunately neither suggestion is viable because the screen is frozen so I cant perform either option properly. When I type in the code to factory reset, the continue button appears on the touch screen but Im not able to press it :/

Thanks anyway mate

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Press the green/call button instead.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LdeWet

I have the same problem with my Nokia 300 as you jonmcc. I have updated the software via the Nokia Suite, no change. Want to do a factory reset now, but running into the same thing as you; I cannot select "Continue" after I have entered the code because the screen doesn't work.

Reminds me of the usual computer error: Keyboard not found, press F1 to continue...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davbr

I don't have a solution except take it back for repair but this would seem to be an ongoing problem with these phones. See posts on this issue July 2012. I am on my second phone in a year with the same problem, this one lasted 4 months, company supplied so I have no choice of phone. Also alot of post in other forums relating to this issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mandyleedilley

Good Grief it works like a charm! Thanks a ton. My phone wasn't reacting to a touch in the bottom right hand corner. If I squeeze it lightly on the black part of the top right corner it works fine. Its out of warranty so I think I'll take a closer look at the innards this weekend to amuse myself.

Cheers

Please use plain text.