Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 301 Single SIM - No 3G connectivity after Fi...

Advisor
bluezone78

Nokia 301 Single SIM - No 3G connectivity after Firmware 02.51 (RM-840) update

Hi,

I updated my Nokia 301 firmware few days ago and since then I have no 3G connectivity.

Problem:

If the phone is configured in 'Dual Mode' or '3G mode', there is no connectivity/network connectivity.

I can't go online, can't send/receive texts and can't make/receive any phone calls.

But I can see full signal and the operator logo on the home screen.

The only configuration that works is switching the phone into 'GSM Mode'  and then everything works.

However, the Mobile Data connectivity is then limited to Edge.

Nothing changed in my phone configuration after the firmware update, and the update itself seemed to have been successful.

Tried to do factory reset and even manually configuring the Acces Point, to no avail.

Deleted all Mobile Data/APN settings and requested them from the operator (O2) via text, didn't help either.

Any suggestions, please?

many thanks

//Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 301 Single SIM - No 3G connectivity after Firmware 02.51 (RM-840) update

Have you tried to reinstall the current firmware?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Nokia 301 Single SIM - No 3G connectivity after Firmware 02.51 (RM-840) update

Matt, O₂ is active in many different countries with totally different settings. Therefore, in which country do you live? Furthermore, the city would help in such a case, as well, because operators do use different equipment in different areas.

Anyway, please, disable Menu » Settings » Connectivity » Packet data » HS packet access. If that does not help, there, change ‘packet data connection’ to ‘when needed’. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluezone78

Hi Abi99,

I am in Germany, Frankfurt.

I tried to tinker with the options as you suggested, didn't help.

//Matej

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Then we could speak German. No, well, anyway, I recommend to wait two days, perhaps it is a temporary failure. When this still happens, report to O₂ Germany and to Nokia Germany. They have to look into that.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Kronos14

I've exactly the same problem after the update. No 3G-Connectivity. Germany too but Vodafone as operator. So it seems to be a problem with the German firmware.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rakeshd

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluezone78

Kronos - do you think there is specific german version of the firmware?

During travelling I tested this problem in Austria and Slovakia via Roaming and it was the same issue.

I would say that this is either specific firmware problem that affects the German Operators (SIM Cards) or just for all Nokia 301.

Would you have a chance to test with a non german SIM Card that is 3G/Mobile Data enabled?

Unfortunately, the other SIM card I have (Slovakian Orange) doesn't have Mobile Data enabled.

I know these phones are not so easily accessible in Germany (bought mine in Slovakia) so maybe that's why there are not that many people reporting this problem?

Is there a way how to rollback to the previous (orignal) firmware from the phone menu?

When I try Settings/Phone/SW Update it tells me there is no SW available for download.

cheers

m

m

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluezone78

Abi - I have had this problem since last Thursday so it has been more than 2 days.

m
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluezone78

Abi - How do I report this to Nokia? Support?
Please use plain text.
Sage
Kronos14

Hello Bluezone,

Unfortunately I don't have the possibilty to use another SIM-Card. But as nobody else from other countries reported this problem, I think it's rather a problem with the specific German firmware.

What I find strange is that even EDGE doesn't work, though I thought it's also in the GSM-Mode. Just the ultra-slow GPRS. Right now I feel that I've a phone from the year 2003, without 3G or WLAN. That's quite dissapointing:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluezone78

Hi Kronos,

I think I have had the EDGE working at times, but mostly just GPRS.
It is very annoying, indeed.

bluezone
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dzaba

I had the same problem after updating on the new software v.2.51. No calls, texts, internet in 3G. I brought the phone to the Nokia service to repair, and they reinstalled the software. There was some bug in it. Since that time everything works all right.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
billyswong

I am a Hong Kong user and I faced the same issue too. Luckily still has EDGE :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
syahir87

My phone not working in firmware 2.51..so how can i do???..pls help me..

Nokia plss help me..i m your user nokia 301

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi Syahir87,

What do you mean when you said the phone is not working? What specific issues are you experiencing?

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
fol2dol

Hello.

I have exactly the same problem.

I live in France, I tried in several cities and with 2 different operators.

gsm gprs edge : ok

no 3G at all, since last update

hope Nokia will fix it quickly...

Please use plain text.
rbog

Hi,

I have the same problem here.

I bought the phone last Wednesday, and I decided to do the update.

Everything was working with the previous version.

I live in France. I put another SIM from another operator and thought I would have network with 3G but unfortunately I didn't.

No more network coverage, when I put double mode or 3G mode.

With GSM mode, it's ok.

Will it be possible to do an update with EDGE mode ?

I hope Nokia will do something very soon.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Kronos14

Somehow it's like a joke. This problem has been reported for a month to Nokia, and there is no update since then. I've bought this phone mainly because of the 3G-Connection, otherwise I could have bought a cheap phone like the Nokia 109.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
billbobaggins

me to now no 3g

Please use plain text.