Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 3110 classic thru PC Suite

Nokia 3110 classic thru PC Suite

I am facing a problem. The phone 3110 classic is visible in PC Suite. But whenever I select to Backup it shows the message
"Failed to open connection to the selected phone. Reconnect your phone and try again"

I have tried it on 2-3 different machines with different versions of Nokia PC suite. Update I have used is setup file Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.

I have tried to establish the connection via Blue tooth also. But same problem repeats.
Please do help me

Thanks in advance.

Prasad Joshi
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 3110 classic thru PC Suite

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with Nokia 3500 (or 3500c - not sure).
I am getting the same message either on my laptop or on my pc.
updating/upgrading pc-suite did not help.
Same phenomena wheather I used he USB cable or the BlueTooth.
Both connectivity means work on the same environment for my N95.

Please help asap - thanks,

Tzvi
Please use plain text.

I am experiancing the same issue.

The error was persisting for my bluetooth connection.

I went to trouble of purchasing a cable because i thought it would the easist way to resolve this.

How I'm having exactly the same trouble, and am getting rather peeved. Now I've gone to the trouble of signing up to your forum so I am expecting a response!

My phone is a 6300 and has the latest firmware.

Please use plain text.

Same problem here with a 3500c on both Vista & XP computers. USB cables (yes I tried two different ones) & computers work fine - can transfer data no problem with the phone set to data transfer mode. But in Nokia mode? Well PC Suite knows the phone is there but you can't do anything with it. I've disabled the firewalls & there's no AV software present on either PC.

The silence on this issue is deafening.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same issue here too.

THe PC suite sees the phone but can actually do anything with it.

Seems the 3500 has issues as my 5200 works fine with the suite.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same issue here.

I called nokia support, They made me try  *#7370# on my phone to reset, it didn't work.

I'm not overly impressed with the support.

I love nokia phones (had them for 11 years).

I'm lucky, I have a 10 days satisfaction guarantee and I am returning this unit (3500c), and switch to another company.

You should do this too if you can.

good luck

Please use plain text.