Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 3110c Problem : Music Player & Phone Memory ...

Registered Member

Nokia 3110c Problem : Music Player & Phone Memory not functioning

Hello everyone,

I just came across this forum and reading a few post here made me feel that I have a few problems with my Nokia 3110c, which some of you might have a solution :-

Music Player :-
I have a 512MB memory card & also 1GB memory card.100+ songs in my both memory card.But my phone's music player doesn't find any songs,even after updating the library for 4/5 times repeatedly.In fact,it starts to update library everytime I try to open my Music Player, only to find no songs in it. 
Please do let me know if any of you have any solution to this problem.

Internal Memory :-
Even though the internal memory of the phone is supposed to be 9Mb,and it shows the internal memory is filled to almost 1.1 Mb[288kb of message,672kb of applications,4kb of bookmarks],the free memory is 3.4MB; Where is the rest of the internal memory gone ? Also,the manufacture installed files like the ringtones etc. is no more seen inside. So, do you have any idea what is wrong with y handset & how can I get back that 4.5MB of internal memory, or the files that might be there in that part of the internal memory ?

Hoping to hear from at least some of you soon.

Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 3110c Problem : Music Player & Phone Memory not functioning

I had a similar problem before with my player, which I was able to solve with a few simple steps.

1. go to menu>media>music player

2. after opening the player, go to options>music library>all tracks

3. your player will then display all the songs available from your memory card. Choose one of the songs and then press play. The music player will automatically load the tracks into the player. Updating the library is not enough, you have to load the tracks into the player for them to appear.

I tried the process once and my problem never happened again. 

Hope this helps.

As for your phone memory, you could try going to menu>gallery>options>memory status>phone. This should show all the memory used in your phone. Add it all up and it should be around 9MB. It won't be exact since your phone is some of its memory just to display the data to you. Check your gallery too for your themes, graphics, clip-art, etc. They also use up your phone's memory and they won't appear in your memory card.

Please use plain text.

I had a similar problem before with my player, which I was able to solve with a few simple steps.

1. go to menu>media>music player

2. after opening the player, go to options>music library>all tracks

3. your player will then display all the songs available from your memory card. Choose one of the songs and then press play. The music player will automatically load the tracks into the player. Updating the library is not enough, you have to load the tracks into the player for them to appear.

I tried the process once and my problem never happened again. 

Hope this helps.

As for your phone memory, you could try going to menu>gallery>options>memory status>phone. This should show all the memory used in your phone. Add it all up and it should be around 9MB. It won't be exact since your phone is some of its memory just to display the data to you. Check your gallery too if your themes, graphics, clip-art, etc. They also use up your phone's memory. 

You could also check my blog for updates on the 3110c I'm putting this trouble shooting tips there as well. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c_venkat

hai

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

delete un necessary messages, inbox, outbox, draft, etc etc.
Free up your phone memory as much as possible.... ?????image, audio, video, themes etc?????
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pravin4547

Re: Nokia 3110c Problem : Music Player not functaning

dera sir/mam

i am pravin i have proble with media player last 10 days.evry time i have switch the media player respond to update the library. so give me solutin as erly as posible.

thanx n regds

pravin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Out of that 9 Mb only around 7.2 is available for user. Try clearing the cache in internet option. Its the last option in the menu of internet. It will clear off the cookies and free some memory. U can also download file explorer from getjar.com using ur phone browser and installing the file in .jar format. Set the app access to allow add and edit data. Them explore the phone's memory. Pls remember that it won't explore the app folder of ur phone. If even this doesn't solve the memory problem then u better get ur phone formatted at nokia care centre.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Clearing the internet cache worked.Thanks for the suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Joshin

Music Player :-
I have a 2GB memory card.60+ songs memory card.But my phone's music player doesn't find any songs,even after updating the library for 4/5 times repeatedly.In fact,it starts to update library everytime I try to open my Music Player, only to find no songs in it. 
Please do let me know if any of you have any solution to this problem. Pls Pls Pls

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Remove the memory card from ur phone. Restart it without card. Open the music player. It'll show no files found. Then switch off the phone again. Meanwhile scan ur memory card for viruses. Then copy the content of the card. Format ur card(remember formatting will delete all the data on the card so back up essential). Then copy the content back to it. Switch on ur phone & see if it works now. If it still doesn't work, then reinstalling ur phone's firmware is the only solution. Pls note that reinstalling will wipe out the phone data completely so pls take back up of ur phone's contacts, calender, bookmarks etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nim111

My Nokia 3110c shows 'invalid' for any application , what does it need please?

And music player updates library 100% but shows No music files found.

What should I do? Please help me..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nim111

My Nokia 3110c shows 'invalid' for any application , what does it need please? And music player updates library 100% but shows No music files found. What should I do? Please help me..
Please use plain text.