Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 501s APN Settings

pablogaralv
Accepted Solution

Nokia 501s APN Settings

Hi all!

I have one doubt: I need to configure an APN for this mobile phone, but actually I can't. I explore all the mobile settings but nothing. Maybe I need to put a SIM card inside to get that option on the mobile data menu? Anyway, could be the Software Version (1.0) ??

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 501s APN Settings

You need to insert the sim card for the phone to pick up settings,you can get the settings set to your phone via sms or by looking at your providers website.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

Unlike in older Asha phone where the "configuration settings" menu was always visible, in Asha 501 you indeed need to first insert a SIM-card to the phone. The access point settings will be visible only after that. However in most cases the phone should also automatically recognize the correct settings and manual APN configuration should not be needed. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update for (X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
pablogaralv

Thank you guys, I'll try it :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Raj_Siya

Nokia 501 Mobile Internet Settings how to install ?

Dear Sir,

I brought new nokia 501 from malasyia country, now am connection using through airtel, am called airtel customer care about mobile internet settings, they are sent manual settings, but unfortunately am not do the settings, kindly advice the same. not here the pathway icon>confirguration>Personal Confirguration>Add Account>Web>Account Name>Enter Mobile Internet > OK>Leave Username>Leave Password>Use>Perferred Accesspoint > No> Access Point>Proxy>Disble>Bearer Settings> Mobile Data Access Point>Enter airtelgprs.com>Ok>Authentication type>Normal>leave Username>leave Password> Back>Back>Back>Back>Back>Turn On Confirguration>SMS>Web> Tab On Mobile Internet>Back>Back>Back>Back. (Am not have Internet Settings, confirguration settings, Personnal Settings)

Regards

Rajasekaran.K

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 501 Mobile Internet Settings how to install ?

Have you checked their website for settings

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.