Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5130 Security Code

Contributor

Nokia 5130 Security Code

Helloo,,,a have buy nokia 5130 xpressmusic,,,but when i want to set pasword on keyboard,,a dont know the master/security codee,,a try most them,,the default 12345,,but doesn't work,,i try with unlock master code,,but still doesn't work,,, does everybody have idea how i can find or change the security codee,,pleaseee i neeeddd helpp
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Nokia 5130 Security Code

If you bought the phone new and the default 12345 does not work, then the security code should be in the papers you received with the phone or maybe printed on the box.

If you bought it second hand then the previous owner should be able to help you.

Otherwise you'll have to take the phone to your nearest Nokia Care Point with proof that you are its owner (invoice in your name with the phone's IMEI number, and photo ID) and they'll be able to reset the security code for you. Do a backup before having this done because it might entail a full reset of the phone, which will erase all your data.

Alternatively, you could attempt a firmware update with Nokia Software Updater. A firmware update often resets the security code back to the factory default (but not on all models).

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
usmana

I bought a brand new mobile and even tried the default code-12345- but it still does not work, and the security code is written no where on the box of the mobile.
I even did not get any papers with the phone except the manual,which i went through previously, and the warranty card. please tell me what to do
Please use plain text.
karthiksuji

remove ur mobile battery for 6 hrs and then put ur battery and on ur mbl then it works normally. if doesnt work. then try another way 

go to internet and download latest nokia software updater and install and then connect ur mbl through data cable and select next then u will c the version of ur mbl software.and click update r select re install then u will get the solution but b careful dont remove ur data cable r netcable coz it is turn to unusebl ok bye njoy

amciking wrote:
Helloo,,,a have buy nokia 5130 xpressmusic,,,but when i want to set pasword on keyboard,,a dont know the master/security codee,,a try most them,,the default 12345,,but doesn't work,,i try with unlock master code,,but still doesn't work,,, does everybody have idea how i can find or change the security codee,,pleaseee i neeeddd helpp

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Georgenatic

Urgent :

I'm from South Africa, with the same problem please Nokia_Team help us as soon as possible

@Nokia_Team is it possible for us to give you our Imei and restor our Security code?

Regards
George Mhaule
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nayifmalayil

I am using nokia 5130-c.

I Cannot view web page which are in My Local Language

My Local language is malayalam kerala-(india).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Which browser you are using ? Not sure.. but Opera may help...

BTW do not post something totally irrelevant under subject line thats not apt..You may search the Forum for related issues.. or Start a NEW thread..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhagchand

[ Edited ]

dear sir

my mobile nokia 5130c-2

V 07.97

13-09-10

RM-495

Serial no. 

Sir,

security code has been forget. please sent securty code my email add.- thanks 

bhagchand

Mob-

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

We have edited your post as it contains your phone's Serial number (IMEI), e-mail address and mobile number. For your security, we do not allow posting such detail and contact information in the discussion board. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ bhagchand -If you have set your own security code (Other than the default 12345) then the ONLY way to get it reset to the default is thru' Nokia Care. Do not forget to carry the proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice)..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mncnashan

i forget my nokia 5130 phone code................what to do now..........please help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

mncnashan wrote:

i forget my nokia 5130 phone code................what to do now..........please help me

Follow the advice given by grschinon and Farby. There is no other solution.

All the best.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kandathil_001

Hello .......... hi, this working goood. thank you, karthiksuji
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Nokia 5130
plese give me
master security code
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

There is no Master Code. You need to visit Nokia Care along with a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) to get the code reset to default 12345.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sonukus

nokia 5130 code reset
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

sonukus wrote:
nokia 5130 code reset

Solution posted in the posts above stands valid in your case too ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roag

i m lock my mobile by security code but my friend press onther security code that time my mobile gone lock when i m feed origenal security code that time mobile showing code error so please give me solution what i m doing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

roag wrote:
i m lock my mobile by security code but my friend press onther security code that time my mobile gone lock when i m feed origenal security code that time mobile showing code error so please give me solution what i m doing

Switch the phone OFF for about 30-35 minutes..Switch ON and try again ...

Please use plain text.