Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic "Contact Service" Error

MHGTX

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic "Contact Service" Error

I used my phone extensively for a little more than a couple of years. Yesterday night the battery died and I connected the charger and started it. I got an error on startup saying "Contact Service".

Any idea what the problem could be and how to resolve it ?

I heard this sort of thing is normally solved by a firmware reflashing. But I need my contacts and calendar. Any way out ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5130 XpressMusic "Contact Service" Error

Only thing you can try is remove the battery for a couple of minutes.. Insert and switch the phone ON... If the problem persists then only other thing that can solve the issue is a visit to Nokia care.. but, as you have mentioned, you will lose all your data...

Please use plain text.
MHGTX

I already tried the removing battery thing. Didn't work.

Firmware was updated to the latest version only a few months back at service. And this happened all of a sudden. My network bar turned zero when I was travelling and I presumed it was because of bad connectivity. Reached home and connected the charger and restarted the phone. Got the contact service error.

Any idea why this sort of thing happened ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry..but not aware of the cause.. Just another thought.. Switch the phone ON without the SIM... and then with...

..If you need to go to the Nokia Care.. ask them if they have the answer to your query..

Please use plain text.