Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5130 XpressMusic

Contributor

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic

I have bought Nokia 5130 XpressMusic before two weeks. I have a problem and that is I have used 3.6 MB in gallery, 2.2 MB in application, 0.0 KB in messages, 2.0 KB in organiser and 1.0 KB in web services but the mobile is showing 331 KB of free memory available and when I update music library it is not getting updated and showing NOT ENOUGH MEMORY ON PHONE. UPDATE CANCELLED. Please friends help me solve this problem as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

my suggestion is to clear any applications/themes/images/animations that you are not using, and backup these to the memory card. then select the option in the phone settings to Restore to Factory Settings. if this does not work, then try taking your phone battery out for five minutes and then replacing it and see if your phone functions correctly again. if this still does not work, looks like a trip to the local Nokia Care Centre is in order. by the way, default code for restore is 12345. let us know how it goes.

please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dear Friend,

I tried it but still no changes and one of my friend who works in a mobile shop told me to update the software using Nokia software updater. Can you suggest me will it work properly or will it affect the mobile, etc....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hey buddy,you can also try updating to newer firmware or reinstalling the current firmware version on your phone using Nokia Software Updater. so i would try doing this, and after the firmware update or firmware reinstallation, Restore To Factory Settings again and see if that works. if it does not, then you have no choice to take your phone to your local Nokia Care Centre. firmware updates or firmware reinstallation will not damage your phone, however remember to have stable power connection when performing the update, as power loss during updates can corrupt your phone. let us know how it goes.

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hey Friend,

I would like to know that will I get the same version which is in the mobile at present, V5.80

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

only way you will know is if you connect your computer and use NSU to find out. or you could visit this link, and see what firmware version is available for your product code. you do know that there is a newer firmware version out for your phone that you are recommended to upgrade to? i am sure the latest is 6.65

link is here: http://www.nokia.com.au/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/news

but if that isn't accurate, then visit the same section on the European website

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I know that the latest version is 6.65 but if I update the warranty will not be valid. Any how I will try that and I want to know that if I put my mobile in charge and update in the same time any thing will happen or if my net connection slows down while updating will it corrupt my mobile??

Pls reply as soon as possible....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

who told you that your warranty would be invalid if you upgraded to newer firmware? that is not true, because you are in either of two scenarios. you either have a vanilla handset, that is unbranded, or you have an operator-branded handset. in each case, firmware updates will be either authorised by Nokia or your operator, so in either case you are not invalidating your warranty by upgrading to the latest firmware.

well to answer your other question, i would not recommend that you update your phone while your phone is charging. if there is something like a freak accident (which is highlt unlikely but you never know), then your phone can be damaged because it is connected to the power supply and is in the middle of updating, i.e. phone firmware corruption can occur. which could make your phone unusable. so i would say ensure that your mobile is fully charged, and then leave the charger out, and update to the laterst firmware with only the phone connected to your computer and not the mains. if your net connection slows down it will not corrupt your mobile, you will just have to wait a little longer before the complete file is downloaded and able to be installed.if your internet does manage to get disconnected during the update, it will not affect your phone as the update process only occurs when the firmware file is fully downloaded.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ok Sir. I will try updating it. Thanks for your information... and I will inform you after doing it..............
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

no worries, hope it all goes well for you :smileyhappy:

kudos please? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic

Hey Buddy...!!!

I got a new 5130 Xpressmusic....everyday phone memory was getting decreased...i just checked for online help so got to update the firmware version with NOKIA DISCUSSION GROUP. I installed nokia PC SUITE AND SOFTWARE UPDATER.But in between the update i got a message that the USB device is currently disconnected and my phone screen turned white after that while i try to open i just get a white screen and again black when i change the battery.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLZ PLZ PLZ I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE MY MOBILE WORK AGAIN...

YOU CAN REPLY ME ON MY EMAIL - sid.sahil12@gmail.com or sahil_sinner_9926@yahoo.com

AWAITING FOR YOUR RESPONCE..- SAHIL KHAN 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
acgbarrasa

Under knowlegdepool is what I believe might be useful to solve your problem. Hope it helps.

***Recovering from a failed firmware update***

Occasionally things go wrong when using the Nokia Software Updater (NSU). The exact cause is often unknown but it can be caused by the NSU, the phone or even the computer itself.

The aim of this guide is to offer users a few tips and tricks that may aid recovery. The guide applies to most nokia phones, except the hard reset which only applies to S60 smartphones.

So how do You know if an update has failed?

A failure can show itself in a number of ways, the most common one is where the NSU freezes. If it does this during the first part of the process where it downloads the firmware from nokia your phone will be ok. You will see that your phone is still switched on so it's safe to cancel the process or just remove the cable from the phone.

If it freezes during the second phase when the computer is transferring the firmware to the phone this can be much more serious. When this happens leave your phone for at least 15 minutes before taking any further action. If after that time nothing has happened all You can do is pull the cable.

Another failure is where your computer crashes during the second phase. This is usually the worst type of failure and often leaves the phone unrecoverable, but still it's worth trying.

What can I do to recover from this failure?

The first thing to try is to remove the phones battery and leave it out for at least five minutes. Whilst doing this take the opportunity to reboot your computer in case You need it to help with recovery.

Now reinsert the battery and try to switch your phone back on. If it works then all is good but before trying to update again there is a few things You need to check. Make sure that your computer is fully up to date including the latest service pack and disable all nonessential programs that are running. Also disable any anti virus and anti spyware software that You may have, now try again.

If removing the battery failed to make it work then prepare your computer as mentioned above and run the NSU again. Follow all instructions and prompts that it gives You carefully as it may offer to recover your phone. If it doesn't try various combinations of connecting your phone whilst it's switched on, off and also try removing and reinserting the battery whilst it's connected. Make sure You wait in between each attempt to give the NSU time to detect the phone.

What if that method doesn't work?

The next thing to try is a hard reset. This method only applies to S6O smartphones with keypads (not touchscreens):

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: 'Green' (the call answer button), '*' button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, hold the power button for a second to switch on the phone.

4. Release when the phone shows the nokia hands logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen.

It may take a few attempts and very flexible fingers.

Notes:
On the N78, use the silver multimedia key instead of the green call key.
On the 5800XpressMusic,  refer to #2 above.

So none of that worked, what happens next?

Unfortunately You have now tried everything possible to recover from the failure yourself. The last thing for You to do now is to contact nokia care in your country for help. If your phone is under warranty they will repair it for free, if not..... You do the math.
Was this helpful? Hit the Kudos icon, it won't hurt you. Cheers =,)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

dear do the master reset task i mean reset all your phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

yes dear you can just go to your nearest Nokia Care center and tell them . i also want v06.54 for my nokia 5130 xm and i go to nokia care center & they install the older version in my new mobile try this.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
larib7

buddy i also have the same problem.........
have u solved it...if yes please tell me the cure
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

larib7 wrote:
buddy i also have the same problem.........
have u solved it...if yes please tell me the cure

Can you be more specific about your problem ?.. because there are more than one problem listed in the various posts above..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey alls dears: i have problem that i dont remember my master reset code in nokia 5130 express music! So, friends please tell me h0w to i reset all data? Fr0m my ph0ne?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cbhattarai

Is suppose any of your file has corrupted, then it happens that you cannot update your Music library. Therefore do one thing. Delet all the music file and connect your phone to your PC and after that tru to format your mobile. remember taht when you inser your mobile in PC keep it in Data Storage mode...

After that again put muic ans see wether you can update your library or not...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hacker_006

5130 sucks. A copy of chinese market.
Please use plain text.
amir_u_me

what is amount to change damage circuit of nokia 5130..
Please use plain text.