Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5130 memory card problem

EKBob2

Nokia 5130 memory card problem

I removed my 1Gb memory card to upgrade it to a 2Gb card, and now the phone will not recognise either of the cards being in the slot. Any ideas anyone???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5130 memory card problem

Hope you have not removed / inserted the card when the phone was ON.. If so switch the phone off and insert the card.. then switch it on...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
EKBob2

Hey Farby, thanks for the suggestion but it was unsuccessfull. Have switched of the phone and inserted each of the memory cards in turn before switchingback on again, but the phone refuses to recognise that he card is there and when connected by USB to my pc flashes up message to insert memory card. Through the card reader on my pc I can read the filles that are on my 1Gb card, and can write to the 2Gb card, but the phone continues in not recognising the card as being inserted. Any other suggestions please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you can access them thru' PC... copy the content on PC and then Format the card.. then try if these are recognised by the phone..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
EKBob2

Thanks farby for the 2nd try - re-formatting both 1GB & 2Gb discs through PC as you suggested OK. Can even x'fer data from PC to them, but phone still refuses to recognise **bleep** are there when inserted.

Please use plain text.
EKBob2

Sorry last line should read ".. but phone still refuses to recognise discs are there when inserted."

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is the card sitting correctly in the Phone...? When you insert  once its pushed in totally. just give a gentle push again...

Other solutions I got on this forum..

1. Remove the SIM and insert again and check..

2. Resetting the phone..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.