Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5200 Microphone not working

Registered Member

Nokia 5200 Microphone not working

Hi.
I have a Nokia 5200. Very similar to 5300. I can make and receive calls without any problems. The other party can not hear my voice replies at all. I can hear them , only. It a one sided conversation ... I can hear them but they do not hear my replies. The phone will not also record any voice memo messages. The speakers work. I can play music and hear it. PPT is disabled. I have reset the phone to factory setting and even held down the Push To Talk button but still no one hears my voice. If I press any key-pad number to generate a tone ...this is heard by the other person at there end. I think the microphone is damaged. The hole is clear and no updated have ever been flashed on the phone.
Any idea how to fix it ? I live in Vancouver, BC. V5V-2K4.
Canada. Area code 604. I am on a Rogers cellular plan but purchase the phone overs seas in Asia. It is not under warranty. Any Idea if I can replace any parts my-self...If sp where do I buy them.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5200 Microphone not working

At one time the phone did work perfectly for about 6 months. Never had any problems with it. One day it just stopped working. All functions work 100% EXCEPT that I am unable to get people to hear my voice. I can only hear there end of the conversation. They can not hear me at all...not even fainlty. I am in Canada in Vancouver, BC. v5v-2k4

Thank you. March 18,2007
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gordonja

I would suggest u take it to your local NOKIA support centre to see if they can repair and get a cost ratherHGER than trying to faff about getting parts and doing it ourself - it may work out cheaper for you!
Today Me Tomorrow You
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kirsty_84

If its something you've not fixed or done yourself before, i wouldn't tackle it yourself you might cause more damage or more work to be done. (just advice to keep on the safe side) :smileyhappy:

Get a quote from a repair centre and take it from there.

Kirsty
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The problem is likely to be the Mic. It is located inside the face and so people tend to remove or change the faces without moving the Mic to the new face. My suggestion is to either locate your old Face if you have changed it or buy a new Mic from a phone shop. It is extremely easy to put it back in so i would suggest doing is yourself, just be careful as it is VERY delicate. I hope this helps! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My problem is very similar, my mic doesnt work, not the recorder neither in callings. But really isnt the mic itself, the mic is working i tested it in another phone, it is ok. Moreover i changed the mic in the mokia 5200 but stills without working. Someone told me its a problem of codecs of sounds. with some code (asterik-number-code-number) is deactivated and activated the mic as it happenss in many models of many brands of phones. Ive searched in blogs and forum for codes to activate the codes, so i got the *(number)3370(number) andother ones, but they dont activate the mic. Im ready to try flashing the phone, erasing the software and loading it again. Perhaps it could serve......
Please use plain text.